Chopped Chickpea Greek Salad. Easy one bowl chopped chickpea greek salad with olives, feta, tomatoes, onion, garlic and a light lemon dressing! Add cooked chicken for more protein or enjoy on its own. Chickpeas: Canned chickpeas are our pick for convenience, but you can also cook up a batch of dried beans, if you like.
Sometimes it's a really good thing to take a break. I got off the creativity struggle bus and ended up creating this AWESOME chopped chickpea greek salad. My "cooking for fun" turned into my latest. You can have Chopped Chickpea Greek Salad using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chopped Chickpea Greek Salad
- You need of Salad.
- It’s 15 oz of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of small red onion, chopped.
- It’s 15 of grape tomatoes, sliced into eighths.
- Prepare 4 oz of feta cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
Colorful, healthy and full of fresh flavors! This vegetarian Greek salad with chickpeas, olives, feta, tomatoes, onion and garlic is tossed in a light lemon dressing. For extra protein, add grilled chicken or fish, or cooked quinoa. The perfect healthy side dish anytime of year this super salad is packed with tons of delicious ingredients that will make your taste buds and body happy.
Chopped Chickpea Greek Salad step by step
- Mix salad ingredients together in large bowl and toss.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour dressing into salad and toss.
- Add salt and ground black pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately or marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Enjoy within 2-3 days for freshness.
If you have an hour to let this healthy gluten-free salad. A bright and colorful Chopped Chickpea Greek Salad packed with crispy veggies, salty olives and feta, and protein packed chickpeas. I have been on a chickpea kick lately and adding them to absolutely everything. I love how they adapt to so many dishes and pack in lots of protein and fiber, and last. Greek Chickpea Salad, made with chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives and Feta is perfect to make ahead, for lunch for the week!