One-Pot Chicken & Rice. We also love doing less dishes. So any time we can make a one pot chicken dinner, it's chalked up as a win. For more easy-as-pie clean-up, try our delicious one pot meals and one.
Chicken, the weeknight crowd-pleaser, is the star of these recipes that all use just one pot, pan, or skillet. From chili to jambalaya to pot pie —these easy recipes are anything but boring. Start Slideshow Return the chicken to the pot and bring to a simmer. You can have One-Pot Chicken & Rice using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One-Pot Chicken & Rice
- Prepare 3 lbs of thighs and legs.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots (cut in rounds).
- Prepare 1 cup of celery (sliced as thick as carrots).
- Prepare 1 of small onion (diced).
- You need 1 of small yellow or orange bell pepper (diced).
- Prepare 5 of large cloves garlic (minced).
- You need 2 1/2 cups of rice.
- It’s 5 cups of water.
- You need 2 tbs of old bay.
- It’s 3 tbs of chicken bouillon powder.
- Prepare 2 tbs of black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
Inspired by Indian flavors, this one-pot chicken-and-rice pilaf comes together in under an hour by taking advantage of spices that pack a punch: Mustard seeds bring heat, cumin adds nutty notes and cardamom provides depth and warmth — and all of the spices are toasted in oil and butter, which concentrates their flavor Golden raisins lend a touch of sweetness To make it a vegetarian side. When the oil is hot, pat the chicken pieces dry on both sides with paper towels and place skin-side. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium/high heat. Pour water and Ragu(R) sauce into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
One-Pot Chicken & Rice step by step
- Brown chicken in large, deep pan, with lid on, on med. heat..
- Push chicken to one side, add all vegetables. Coat in pan liquids, sprinkle with garlic. Add lid back on for another 5-8 mins..
- Add rice and seasonings. Let toast for a few minutes. Add water. Replace lid..
- Cook on low – med. low for 25 mins. Turn off heat and let sit for 10 mins before fluffing rice..
- My electric skillet on the lowest setting did nothing after 25 mins, I turned up the heat to med. low and let it go another 25 mins. Came out perfectly..
- I used more rice and spices, because we like extra rice..
It's like FRIED RICE and Chinese Chicken, all made in one pot!! Plus, there's a load of veggies mixed through so this One Pot Chinese Chicken and Rice is a complete meal! Transfer chicken to plate; set aside. Nestle chicken back into rice mixture in pot, arranging skin side up. Increase heat to medium and bring liquid to a simmer.