One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole. Stuffed Peppers Makes For The Perfect Weeknight Meal. A Stuffed Pepper Casserole is an easy, one pot casserole that could be called 'unstuffed pepper casserole'. This recipe is incorporates the ingredients from classic stuffed peppers like rice, ground beef and tomato sauce all in one skillet for a great weeknight meal.
Add ground beef, onion and garlic. Some nights I have my act together. Most nights I make this Stuffed Pepper Casserole. You can cook One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large bell peppers, diced (any color).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3/4 cup of brown rice, uncooked (not instant).
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can (8 oz.) of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken broth (or water).
- You need 2 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheese of choice.
Free-form and easy-going, this recipe takes the classic flavors and ingredients of stuffed peppers, then turns them into cheesy, healthy comfort food that cooks in one pot. 'Unstuffed pepper casserole' would be a fitting name for it too. A forever fan of all-in-one meals—meaning single recipes that provide. Check all the boxes with this super delicious lazy stuffed peppers recipe! This dish is way easier than making stuffed bell peppers, and you only have to dirty up one pot to make it!
One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole instructions
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the onions and peppers. Stir and cook until the onions turn translucent, about 3-5 minutes..
- Add the beef to the skillet and cook, breaking the beef up, until it is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat if needed. Stir in the garlic, diced tomatoes and rice and increase the heat to med-high..
- Stir in the Italian seasoning, brown sugar, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Then stir in the tomato sauce and broth (or water). Let this come to a boil..
- Once at a boil, place the lid on and reduce the heat down to med-low. Let this simmer for 60 or so minutes, stirring every so often so nothing sticks (if using a different rice or quinoa, then adjust to a shorter cooking time), until most of the liquid had absorbed and the rice is tender..
- Remove from heat once it's done. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top and place the lid back on until the cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes..
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Store any leftovers in the fridge..
You don't even need a fancy skillet with a lid—just find a big pot and cover with heavy-duty aluminum foil. But then I got even more creative and stopped filling the peppers and instead chopped them up and mixed them in to create this One-Pot Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole. This One-Pot Cheesy Stuffed Pepper Casserole has all the classic flavors you love about stuffed peppers blended together in an easy, one-pot dish topped with lots of cheese. This casserole really does taste like real stuffed peppers and it's perfect for any busy weeknight! Today I'm sharing with you another favorite recipe of mine, deconstructed stuffed pepper casserole.