Mike's Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce. Great recipe for Mike's Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce. Finding myself out of my pre-fabed Asian sauce one evening – I created my own. Now, this is my only, "go to," sweet Asian dipping sauce.
This Asian-inspired sauce is a delicious egg roll dipping sauce, but it can also be used for veggies or to make a sweet-tangy vinaigrette. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin Sweet-Hot Asian Dipping Sauce Recipe photo by Taste of Home In a large bowl, combine chicken, water chestnuts, green onions, carrot, ginger, soy sauce, egg white, mayo and garlic. Lightly brush the edges of each wonton with water. Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce Recipe Don't miss a recipe! You can cook Mike's Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce
- You need 1 tbsp of Gochujang Roasted Hot Pepper Paste.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Green Onions [green & white ends – chopped].
- It’s 10 of Thai Chilies [stems removed – fine minced].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fine Minced Lemon Grass.
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Garlic [smashed – fine minced].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cilantro Leaves.
- You need 1 of LG Jalapeño [diced].
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Thai Basil Leaves.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [minced].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Chicken Or Beef Stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Quality Fish Sauce [or more to taste].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar [or more to taste].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Soy Sauce.
Please subscribe to totikky tikky Youtube Channel. Garlic and ginger are added to bottled soy and hoisin sauces, along with some chili paste, chopped peanuts, and a few other ingredients, to achieve its signature taste. This simple sauce can be thrown together with items most people have in their pantries! Great for dipping potstickers, Spring rolls or Summer rolls.
Mike's Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce step by step
- Here's what you'll need..
- Authors Note: You can find all of the ingredients I've listed at your local Asian market. What's more, you'll get the highest quality and best prices there – as opposed to your local supermarket. Pictured below is a great brand of Korean Gochujang Hot Pepper Paste..
- Fine mince all of your vegetables. Keep Basil and Cilantro leaves whole. Wear gloves when chopping peppers..
- Gently simmer everything except for your Roasted Gochujang Hot Pepper Paste, Thai Basil and Cilantro leaves for 10 minutes in a small pot..
- Turn off heat and add your Gochujang Hot Pepper Paste, Thai Basil and Cilantro leaves. Mix well and allow sauce to cool on the stove. This is what's called, "a layered effect," or, "steeping.".
- That's it! Pictured is my Asian Sweet Dipping Sauce and Cream Cheese Wontons. Serve as a dipping sauce – hot or chilled. Or, marinate your favorite meats or fish in it for several hours. Even overnight. Just make sure your sauce has cooled off sufficiently before marinating your fish or meats. Garnish with fresh Thai Basil and Cilantro..
- Examples: Marinating thick chicken breasts in sweet Asian dipping sauce for 3+ hours..
- Oven baked marinated chicken breasts with juices and tight fitting lid at 425° for 35 – 40 minutes..
- Then, I grilled the chicken breasts. Grilled just until a decent char has formed..
- Oven baked and grill charred chicken breasts nested on a bed of pan fried rice with marinade drizzled over both..
- Marinating Mahi-Mahi in my Sweet Asian Sauce. To be marinated overnight – pan glazed to seize the sugar. Then, grilled for 10 minutes on a cedar plank..
- Pictured: Glazed Mahi-Mahi piled high with my Sweet Asian Sauce mixture over a bed of fluffy rice..
- Enjoy this simple taste of Asia!.
The Asian hot sauce in the ingredient list below can be subbed with Asian hot chili oil, if you prefer. I like to use Sriracha Hot Chile Sauce. The Best Sweet Dipping Sauce Recipes on Yummly Sesame Hoisin Dipping Sauce, Baked Buffalo Chicken Tenders, Spring Rolls With Asian Dipping Sauce Serve sauce with pot stickers. Great recipe for Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish. ° This really is a wonderfully flavored, versatile, salty, tangy, sweet, acidic & undeniably spicy dipping sauce!