Chicken Suizas Enchiladas. This dish can also be made with cooked pork or beef. 'Suizas,' Spanish for Swiss, refers to the creamy white sauce that tops these chicken and green chile-stuffed enchiladas. Divide the shredded chicken evenly among the tortillas and roll up each like a cigar. Remove from heat, drain, cool, and shred chicken.
Enchiladas Suizas are Mexican enchiladas with chicken and cheese wrapped in tortillas and covered in a creamy tomatillo sauce and topped with shredded white cheese, in this case, Mozzarella cheese. Enchiladas Suizas can also be made with Swiss cheese or Monterrey Jack cheese. Typically it is a white cheese. You can have Chicken Suizas Enchiladas using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Suizas Enchiladas
- You need 3 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of butter.
- You need 10-12 of corn tortillas.
- It’s 1 jar (16 oz) of Pace Salsa Verde.
- Prepare 1 jar (14.5 oz) of Prego Roasted Garlic Parmesan Alfredo Sauce.
- You need 1 bar (8 oz) of Colby Jack cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 bar (8 oz) of Monterey Jack cheese, shredded.
- You need of Seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy…
- It’s of chili powder, cumin, red pepper, garlic powder.
Mix with the rest of the Herdez salsa verde and set aside. (Please check the ingredients list below) Heat a skillet over medium heat; warm one tablespoon of oil and warm the tortillas one at a time to soften, giving it just a few seconds per side. Enchiladas Suizas Recipe — Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Green Sauce. We'll be using creme fraiche here, but you can always use Mexican Crema or heavy cream to get a similar result. Also note that you can substitute jalapenos for the serrano peppers if it's hard to find serranos in your area.
Chicken Suizas Enchiladas instructions
- Cook and shred chicken along with seasonings of choice. I used my Instapot..
- In a small skillet, saute onions in butter until caramelized..
- Here are the sauces you need: they will be divided each by 1/3..
- Add the onions, half of each of the cheeses, 1/3 jar of salsa and 1/3 jar alfredo sauce to the chicken; mix well..
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, add 1/3 of each the salsa and the alfredo..
- Spread to cover bottom of dish..
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave covered in a damp paper towel for 30 to 45 seconds. Just enough to be pliable..
- Place a good sized heap into each tortilla..
- Wrap enchiladas up and place in baking dish..
- Cover with remaining 1/3 of each the salsa and alfredo..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
Enchiladas Suizas, or Swiss-style enchiladas, are chicken enchiladas topped with a tomatillo cream sauce. They're characterized by the use of dairy throughout, from the classic crema Mexicana in the sauce, to the melted cheese inside, and on top of, the enchiladas. This easy Stacked Enchilada Suizas Bake is loaded with two types of cheese, chicken, salsa verde, sour cream and corn tortillas. Carefully roll tortilla and place it seam side down in the baking dish. Chicken Suizas is one of my favorite enchiladas, so it was a no brainer to make it at home, but making it into a enchilada casserole = sheer genius.