One pot sausage rice cassorole. This is a super tasty and easy to make one-pot meal the whole family will love. Perfect for those busy nights when you don't feel like doing a lot of dishes, this casserole is made in only one pot and is made with sausage, bell peppers, mushrooms, and rice cooked in a tomato sauce, then topped with cheese. One Pot Sausage Peppers with Rice is an easy weeknight dinner recipe that I know you'll make over and over!.
What kind of rice should I use for One Pot Sausage and Rice? For this sausage and rice casserole I used uncooked white jasmine rice. Some other recipes use quick cooking rice, but that isn't an ingredient I keep on hand and I wanted to see if regular rice would cook in one pan. You can have One pot sausage rice cassorole using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of One pot sausage rice cassorole
- You need 1-2 of italian sausage.
- You need 1-2 of bell pepper.
- You need Half of and onion.
- You need 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 2-3 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2-3 of garlic cloves.
- You need to taste of Garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need of Parmesan cheese.
This Italian Sausage and Rice Casserole with peppers is a back-on-track, one-pan plan kind of meal. It's healthy food you won't be sad to eat, weeknight fast, and leaves you with only one dish to wash at the end. On my totem pole of house chores, washing dishes is at the very bottom, above only snow shoveling. Easy One Pot Sausage Casserole – adaptations to try.
One pot sausage rice cassorole step by step
- Cut or ground up sausage till brown.
- Add onions and peppers.
- Once onion and peppers are becomimg soft add garlic.
- Then add rice stir around let brown.
- Then add chicken stock.
- Cover and let simmer till rice is soft watch the liquid sometime absorbs before rice is done may need to add somemore.
- Top with parmesan chesse and serve i add shrimp cause it was in my fridge and needed to be cooked.
There are so many ways you could adapt this Easy One Pot Sausage Casserole to make it your own… For example. Use chicken sausages instead of pork ones; Add in some mushrooms after the red pepper and before the garlic; Use carrots and celery instead of the red pepper This recipe for a sausage and rice casserole is a one pot meal with sausages, rice and seasonal vegetables, all cooked together for a simple and quick dinner. One pot meals are my favorite kind of meals, and this version features smoked sausages, corn, peppers and rice, all baked with plenty of seasonings. Quick and easy one pot sausage and rice recipe, made with simple ingredients on stovetop. If you liked my One Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice, you are going to love today's recipe.