Shallow-fry Breaded Fish.
You can have Shallow-fry Breaded Fish using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shallow-fry Breaded Fish
- It’s 300 g of white fish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of breadcrumbs.
- It’s of Salt, pepper, seasoning.
- It’s of Canola/vegetable oil, filled 2 inches up the sides of your pot.
Shallow-fry Breaded Fish step by step
- Prepare 300 g of white fish. (150g/pax). I defrosted frozen dory fillets. They were easy to handle and were of appropriate size to bread..
- Pat the fish very dry with kitchen towels. Slice into 10cm by 5cm chunks, no more than 1.5cm thick. Set aside..
- Prepare 3 shallow bowls: 1st bowl: 1/4 cup flour, salt and pepper and seasonings, incorporated well. 2nd bowl: Breadcrumbs 3rd bowl: 2 eggs, whisked thoroughly.
- Now, have a systematic breading system on your kitchen counter top. Fish-> flour -> eggs -> breadcrumbs-> dry platter Heat up the oil to medium high, or until a breadcrumb dropped in sizzles just a little. Take the piece of fish, dip in this order: 1) flour, pat of excess 2) egg 3) flour again, pat off excess 4) egg 5) breadcrumbs Repeat this one by one and place on the platter..
- Once all the fish have been breaded, the oil should have been hot enough. Test the heat with a few breadcrumbs. It should sizzle nicely. Fry off the fish in batches. Shallow-frying means that the oil does not completely cover the fish, so you would have to flip the fish. Fry each side for approximately 3 minutes..
- Serve the fish with a sauce, and a side if the fish is a main, or a main dish, if the fish is a side..