Easy Chinese Fried Rice. To make this homemade fried rice recipe, you will need: Cooked, chilled rice: Make sure your rice has been cooked in advance and thoroughly chilled in the fridge in a sealed container. As I said before, freshly-cooked rice will not work well in this recipe. I have always loved fried rice.
I have added bacon, chicken, and ham. It is the perfect fried rice base and they say the secret ingredient to get the authentic Chinese taste is sesame oil. Whatever it may be it is. You can have Easy Chinese Fried Rice using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chinese Fried Rice
- Prepare 1 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, cubed.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare of soy sauce according to taste.
- You need of sesame oil optional.
Fried rice is a Chinese food restaurant staple that's always on the take-out menu. It's hard not to eat every light and fluffy morsel. What makes the dish so tasty is the stir-fry technique that's easy to tackle at home. Using this vegetarian recipe as a base, you can incorporate any mix-in's or proteins you'd like to switch up the taste.
Easy Chinese Fried Rice step by step
- Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside..
- Boil the carrots in water on medium high heat for 5 minutes. Add the peas and turn off the heat then drain the carrots and peas..
- Heat a wok or pan over high flame. Add the vegetable oil, carrots and peas and cook for 30 seconds before adding the eggs. Stir to mix well..
- Mix in the rice and the soy sauce and stir to coat rice. If desired, pour over sesame oil and mix again..
Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired. Make Chinese restaurant-style fried rice at home! Chicken, shrimp or pork can be added to make it a filling meal! This is my favorite way to make fried rice. It is so much easier to make than you might thing and it's a great way to use up any leftover rice you may have.