Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup.
You can have Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup
- Prepare 1 pound of Beef Bottom Round Steak (Thin).
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Flour.
- You need 4 teaspoons of Course Salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Black Pepper.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Oil (olive or avocado).
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Onion (chopped).
- It’s 2 Stalks of Celery (minced).
- Prepare 4 of Carrots (chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of Red Wine.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need 6 cups of Beef Broth.
- It’s 4 of New Potatoes (diced).
- You need 1 can of Diced Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of Green beans.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin (ground).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Oregano (leaves).
- You need 3 teaspoons of Season Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Quick Barley.
- It’s 1 package of Brown Gravy.
- Prepare 2 of Green Onions.
Beef and Barley Vegtable Soup instructions
- Add oil, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots to 5 or 6 quart pot on medium/high heat..
- Chop beef into 2 inch strips, sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and cover in flour. Add beef to pot with vegetables and cook until brown, stirring occasionally..
- Add red wine and soy sauce to pot and stir to deglaze. Add beef broth, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, to pot and bring to a boil..
- Add cumin, oregano, and season salt. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Stir gravy package into soup and add barley. Cover and simmer 10 minutes..
- Add green onions to soup and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes..
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and serve..