Sweet and sour pork in one pan. Check Out Sweet And Sour Pork On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Sweet and Sour Pork is a restaurant-quality meal that can be easily made at home in one pan.
Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Pork. Sweet and sour pork is one of my all-time favorite Chinese takeout meals! Sometimes it seems intimidating to re-create those restaurant dishes at home because we don't have the same tools or industrial stoves. You can have Sweet and sour pork in one pan using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour pork in one pan
- You need 1 1/2 pounds of pork loin cut into 1-2 inch cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 cup vegetable or canola oil.
- You need of —————————————-.
- You need of Sauce: (This is the best sauce I have ever made!).
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/3 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of low sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic minced.
- Prepare of (I omitted the 1 tablespoon ginger minced).
However, the Instant Pot makes it easy to do AND it cooks in such a short amount of time! Remove the sheet pan and spread the vegetables on one side, and the coated pork on the other, being careful not to crowd the pieces together. Remove the pan, flip the pork with a spatula to brown the other side, and stir the veggies. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as an Instant Pot®) and select Saute function.
Sweet and sour pork in one pan step by step
- Start the Rice before you cook the Pork.
- In a large zip top bag, toss the pork pieces with the cornstarch well so every piece is covered. Set aside..
- Add all the "Sauce" ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large pan over medium- high heat..
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork and fry on medium-high heat until crispy and golden. Toss the pieces to make sure you cook them evenly. Cook until golden and crispy, about 7-10 minutes..
- Drain excess oil from pan..
- Give the sauce a quick stir, as some ingredients are on the bottom of the bowl, and add it to the pan..
- Stir to coat well the pork for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until sauce has thickened..
- If the sauce is not as thick as you want, mix separately 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add it to the pan. (never had this issue).
- Wait for the sauce to start to boil, after that remove the pan from heat..
- Serve immediately with rice..
- Sorry for no picture, but it didn't hag around long enough after cooking..
Add oil and heat until hot. This Sweet and Sour Pork is even better than the overly sauced, greasy take out kind. Tender chunks of pork are pan fried crispy on the outside, then added to sauteed onions, peppers, and fresh pineapple in a homemade sweet and sour sauce. For the sauce, place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the oil. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, then fry the peppers until soften.