[Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream. A mix of coconut milk and extra-rich coconut cream provide the smooth texture for a creamy vegan ice cream. Corn syrup adds additional plush body to the base. Simmering and puréeing the ice cream base emulsifies coconut fats that could otherwise separate and turn grainy while churning.
The ingredients are quickly blended and then churned for a rich, creamy and healthy frozen dessert! A slurry of tapioca starch + coconut milk helps thicken and stabilize the liquids, similar to what eggs do in regular ice cream. With a really good bar of dark chocolate hand, I decided to go the way of Vegan Chocolate Chip Coconut Milk Ice Cream this time. You can have [Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream
- Prepare 2 (14 oz) of cans full fat Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plus 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder, sifted (unsweetened cocoa powder is fine too).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch.
- You need 3/4 cup of pure maple syrup.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 tablespoon of creamy almond butter, unsalted (or any creamy unsalted nut butter).
I decided it was more trouble that it was worth and my four dollar churner would get re-donated to the thrift store and make them another four bucks. Then a friend told me she had some awesome vegan chocolate ice cream made from mere avocado and coconut cream, and it didn't even require an ice cream maker. You might wonder about making ice cream without dairy – it can be truly delicious – the coconut milk is an awesome way to make creamy dairy free ice cream. July is National Ice Cream Month and we are celebrating with Vegan Coconut Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream.
[Vegan] Coconut Chocolate Ice-cream step by step
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk with the cacao powder, tapioca, and maple syrup. Heat the mixture over medium heat and cook while stirring with the whisk for about 5-10 minutes until the mixture just begins to bubble. Remove from heat, then whisk in the almond butter, vanilla and sea salt until fully combined and smooth..
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for about 20 minutes, stirring. A film might begin to form on top – this is normal, simply whisk to blend it away..
- Transfer the mixture to a medium loaf pan (I used an 8.5 x 4.5} and cover the top with plastic wrap so the plastic is in full contact with the mixture. wrap again tightly with aluminum foil and place in the freezer, freeze 6 hours or overnight..
- As with most homemade no-churn ice creams, once fully frozen, you will need to allow it to thaw on the countertop for 15-30 minutes prior to scooping..
I have been craving ice cream like crazy and I justify a scoop every night because it is ice cream month. It is my duty to make sure plenty of ice cream gets eaten in July. I am just trying to do my part:) Smooth, silky, sweet, chocolatey, decadent – that's what you get with this amazing vegan chocolate coconut ice cream, and more! I can't believe I ever thought dairy-free ice cream was hard to make. Or that it couldn't taste as good (or even better) than the original stuff.