Lettuce Wrap Filling.
You can have Lettuce Wrap Filling using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lettuce Wrap Filling
- It’s of Filling Ingredients.
- You need 1 lb of ground chicken or turkey.
- You need 1 cup of chopped mushroom.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chopped yellow onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sliced green onion.
- You need 1 small of can of water chestnuts (chop them up).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of ginger powder.
Lettuce Wrap Filling step by step
- Use a large skillet to brown the ground chicken. Add salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. When it is almost done, add chopped yellow onion and chopped mushrooms. Turn to medium heat, cover with a lid for 3-4 minutes. Make the sauce during this time..
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl stirring well. Make sure there are no lumps..
- Add sauce to the ground meat and veggies, stirring well. The sauce is not only the flavor, but thickens it to help stick together..
- Add chopped water chestnuts and sliced green onion, stir. Allow to simmer covered on low 1-2 minutes..
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Use filling inside romaine lettuce, iceburg lettuce, or even green bell pepper for a delicious dinner!.