Gluten free Cheez-its. A blog with the mission to empower you to live your healthiest life possible, starting today. But sometimes I still crave that salty, cheesy, crunchy snack. So, I decided to come up with my own version!
Gluten Free Cheese Crackers (Like Cheez-its) For a Printed copy of this Recipe. Super easy recipe for healthy homemade cheez its. Similar to Pioneer Woman's version, my kids LOVE cheese crackers and can be made gluten-free These homemade cheez its are one of these recipes. You can cook Gluten free Cheez-its using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gluten free Cheez-its
- You need 8 oz of sharp cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of vegetable shortening*.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of gluten free flour.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of ice water.
- It’s of Coarse salt for sprinkling.
With Cheez-It® Baked Snacks, real cheese matters. Taste the difference real cheese makes in our cheesy baked snack varieties. A Mash-Up of Exciting Flavors and Textures. Either you love Cheez Its or you don't.
Gluten free Cheez-its instructions
- Combine cheese, butter, shortening, and salt in the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. The mixture will be crumbly..
- Slowly add gluten free flour and then the ice water. You may add a few more drops of water to help it come together but be careful not to add too much. You don’t want a wet dough..
- Pat the dough into 2 discs and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes (or longer)..
- Using parchment paper or a silicone mat roll each disc to 1/8 inch or less and cut into 1 inch squares (a pastry wheel or pizza wheel is easiest). Use a toothpick to punch a hole into the center of each square..
- If you have difficulty separating and transferring the crackers onto the baking sheet return the parchment paper/mat to the refrigerator for 10 minutes (while you roll out the 2nd dough disc)..
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until puffed and browning around the edges. If you pull them out too soon and the crackers don’t have the desired crispiness you want then simply return them to the oven for 2-3 more minutes..
- Move crackers to a cooling rack. Makes about 7 dozen crackers..
If you're in the camp of total fan girls, this is the recipe for you! How about some gluten-free Goldfish and Cheez-it crackers! The two in one recipe that will please kids all ages. Making your own snacks at home are always a good idea because you are in control of what you can or can't eat. Gluten-free flours are now so easy to find and you don't necessarily have to mix.