Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and cumin and set aside. In large skillet, saute onion, garlic and jalapeno in olive until tender. Add broth, lime juice and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Stir in rice mix, seasoning packet and uncooked white rice. Bold flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine combined in this classic chicken and rice casserole make for an easy choice for weeknight dinner! This simplified scratch-made soup is a spicy (but not too spicy) step beyond basic chicken soup. You can cook Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice
- It’s 3 of leg quaters.
- Prepare 2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 1 jar of salsa.
- You need 1 of small container sour cream.
- It’s 1 of small container cream cheese.
- It’s 1 box of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Made with chili powder, cumin, green chiles, corn and tomatoes, there's plenty of flavor to go around. Add rice toward the end of cooking to keep the texture just right, and when it's good and hot, serve with crunchy tortilla chips and a helping of shredded Mexican cheese blend for a hearty. Transfer the rice mixture to a large bowl. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, chile peppers, basil, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper.
Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice step by step
- Cook your chicken (you can boil it and get the broth that way or bake it in the oven).
- Shred the chicken up and cook your rice in the broth with salt and pepper.
- Once rice is cooked and chicken is shredded combine in pot and add the salsa, sour cream and cream cheese heat and mix till it looks creamy. Then eat and enjoy.
This cheesy, one pot Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet with corn, bell pepper, and black beans is a true family pleaser. Serve it in bowls with lots of great garnishments like avocado, chopped tomato, sour cream, and salsa and the next day you can wrap the leftovers in tortillas for lunch. Try this tasty Tex-Mex casserole on your family, it's sure to be requested again and again. Green chile peppers and chili powder give this savory chicken main dish a classic Tex-Mex bite. Lower the heat to low-medium and cover again.