Sous Vide Chicken Thighs with Tarragon cream sauce. However, the flavors of the sauce emulsify in the sous vide to create a heavenly, tangy sauce. Pollo Asado – This recipe uses a delicious marinade of citrus juices and a blend of herbs and spices. We decided to kick it up a notch by using chicken thighs, which are incredibly tender cooked sous vide.
After cooking all of them sous-vide, I chilled and saved half in the sous-vide pouch with the tarragon until the next day. Tarragon, used widely in French and other cuisines, is one of our favorite herbs to use when cooking chicken. This sous vide poached chicken is cooked until perfectly moist, then blanketed in a creamy lemon-tarragon sauce. You can cook Sous Vide Chicken Thighs with Tarragon cream sauce using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sous Vide Chicken Thighs with Tarragon cream sauce
- Prepare 4 of Chicken Thighs, skin on, bone removed.
- You need of Zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1 of Shallot, chopped finely.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of Flour.
- You need 125 ml of white wine.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Fresh Tarragon.
- Prepare 1/2 of Chicken stock cube.
- It’s 125 ml of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper.
Preheat a water bath to desired final temperature using a sous-vide cooker, according to the chart above. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a single layer in zipper-lock bags or vacuum bags and add thyme or rosemary sprigs, if using. Golden seared chicken thighs in a thick and creamy mushroom garlic sauce with a sprinkle of herbs and parmesan cheese is THE weeknight dinner everyone raves about!
Sous Vide Chicken Thighs with Tarragon cream sauce instructions
- Set sous vide cooker to 75°C..
- Season chicken thighs with salt & pepper. Add to vacuum seal bag with lemon zest & thyme.
- Cook chicken in sous vide for 1 hour (will be good up to 4 hours).
- Remove chicken from bag and pat dry. Reserve and juices from the bag.
- Add butter to a skillet over a medium high heat. When it starts to foam add the chicken thighs and brown. Remove to a warm plate.
- Saute the shallots until they are translucent, sprinkle the flour over and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the wine, stock cube and tarragon, and cook until the alcohol cooks off and mixture thickens about 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and bag juices..
- Serve with sauce spooned over the thighs. Goes great with wild rice pilaf.
Serve over rice, pasta, mashed potatoes OR lower carb options like mashed cauliflower or zucchini noodles! Sous vide is a French cooking technique whereby vacuum sealed food is cooked in a temperature controlled water bath for an extended period of time. This technique produces incredible Chicken Thighs that I finish off with Mushroom Cream Sauce. Chicken thighs most often come either bone-in and skin-on, or boneless and skinless. I recommend using the former if cooking thighs alone.