Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole.
You can cook Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole
- Prepare 3 c of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 c of quinoa (rinsed, drained).
- It’s 3/4 c of brown lentils.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 c of chopped onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlice (minced).
- It’s 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach.
- It’s 2 of eggs (lightly beaten).
- Prepare 6 oz of plain greek yogurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 c of feta cheese (crumbled).
- You need 1/2 c of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 c of kalamatta olives (halved).
Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 2 qt baking dish w/ cooking spray. In a med. saucepan combine broth, quinoa, lentils, and salt. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender and broth is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Set aside..
- In an extra-large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and lentil mixture..
- In a small bowl combine eggs and yogurt. Stir in the 1 tbsp snipped fresh oregano and the pepper. Gently stir yogurt mixture into mixture in skillet. Fold in feta cheese..
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake, covered, about 35 minutes or until heated through. Top with tomatoes, olives, and pita chips. Sprinkle with additional fresh oregano..