Pumpkin soup. This is a classic, easy pumpkin soup made with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make. Thick, creamy and full of flavour, this is THE pumpkin soup recipe you will make now and forever! We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
Pumpkin Soup While it looks elegant and is an appealing addition to a holiday meal, this creamy soup is so simple to make. My husband was skeptical at first, but after one bowl, he asked for second helpings! Thick & Creamy Pumpkin Soup makes the weekly rounds at our house and is always served with a swirl of cream, crispy bacon pieces AND sometimes buttery and cheesy garlic bread. You can have Pumpkin soup using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin soup
- You need 150 g of pumpkin peices.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 50 grams of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 tbls of butter, 1 tbls of vegetable oil.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
In a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and cook until golden. Meanwhile, halve, peel, and scrape out seeds of the pumpkin. Healthy, satisfying, and perfect for chillier weather.
Pumpkin soup step by step
- In a pot add the pumpkins and the chopped onions and carrots, add butter, black pepper, salt and oil and stir fry it for 10mn.
- Add 25oz of water (over half a liter) or you can use vegetable broth as well, add the lentils and let simmer until the broth thickens a bit (15-25mn).
- Remove the pot and add cheese or fresh cream, or 70g of natural yogurt, mix well until smooth and serve.
It was definitely worth all the chopping! Would suggest using a culinary pumpkin rather than a Halloween carving one, as they don't hold much taste or flesh. Dietitian's tip: Canned pumpkin puree is available all year. When pumpkins are in season, however, you can make your own puree by roasting a small pie pumpkin and processing the flesh in a blender or food processor. Here is a delicious and super easy soup for those colder nights!