Garbanzo Mini Lettuce Wraps.
You can cook Garbanzo Mini Lettuce Wraps using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Garbanzo Mini Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 1 can of cooked garbanzo beans (15 oz.).
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/4 medium of red onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon or lime juice (whatever you have). It's more or less the juice of half of a lemon/lime.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & pepper – to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 6 large of romaine lettuce leaves.. use more or less depending on how many wraps you want.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cilantro pesto (optional).
Garbanzo Mini Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Drain & rinse the garbanzo beans.
- Throw all of the ingredients (except for the lettuce leaves, obviously) into a large bowl or something where it won't make a mess.
- Using a potato masher or whatever you can find if you don't have one, get creative, smash the mixture until you don't see any more round garbanzos around..
- Put some of the mixture into one of the lettuce leaves but don't put too much in, otherwise it wont wrap up well. Place it towards the wider part of the leaf. The garbanzos should be in a sort of parallel line with the stem of the leaf..
- Wrap it up – Fold the sides where the garbanzos are inwards so that it covers some of them. Then, gently, roll the rest of the leaf following the stem line. Be careful when wrapping it, the leaves can break easily..
- optional – If you want to want to try it with the cilantro pesto (which I highly recommend you do), I used the one from this recipe.. just but a bit all around the leaf before wrapping it up: http://thugkitchen.com/post/46773308203/im-so-tired-of-mother-fuckers-asking-where-do.