Asian Fruit Slaw. Spring is the perfect time to indulge in light meals, such as healthy fruits and salads, such as this refreshing Asian fruit slaw. It's absolutely fun to combine salad and fruits together to make a fruit slaw, with an Asian twist, and with Spring just around the corner, this Asian fruit slaw is a wonderful recipe for the season. For the dressing, I used a combination of whipping cream.
This is a three-cabbage slaw – green, red, and napa – but the real delight is the dressing. It is made with creamy peanut butter laced with brown sugar, fresh ginger, and garlic. Directions: Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, fresh ginger and soy sauce. You can have Asian Fruit Slaw using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian Fruit Slaw
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cabbage – shredded.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red cabbage – shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 of a small carrot – peeled and cut into matchstick strips.
- It’s 1 cup of mangoes – cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canned mandarin oranges (whole segments).
- You need 2 teaspoons of cilantro – chopped.
- It’s of Dressing:.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Slaw: In a large bowl add Napa and red cabbage, plums, green onions, cashews, cilantro and candied ginger. Freshly made coleslaw is a wonderful thing, but every now and then it's fun to zip up the formula with a burst of lively Asian flavours, from BBC Good Food. Cut pineapple into thin strips, and place in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice and lemon juice.
Asian Fruit Slaw step by step
- Whisk all the ingredients of the Dressing together. Set aside..
- In a salad bowl, combine the shredded cabbages, carrots, mangoes, mandarin oranges and cilantro together..
- Add the Dressing, toss and combine well..
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Serve cold..
Directions: Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, fresh ginger and soy sauce. Slaw: In a large bowl add Napa and red cabbage, plums, green onions, cashews, cilantro and candied ginger. Recipe courtesy of California Tree Fruit Agreement. This is a little different than the other broccoli slaw recipes I found posted here. Asian slaw is a salad dish made with vegetables and an Asian slaw dressing.