Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling). Eggplant is abundant in the Philippines and can be found in a number of other Filipino dishes. Grill or broil eggplants, peel off the charred skin. Flatten the flesh and set aside.
Tortang talong is an eggplant omelette common to Filipinos made with roasted or boiled eggplants dipped in a mixture of scrambled eggs, onion, garlic. In the Philippines, torta refers to a kind of omelette made with eggs or eggplant, ground meat, minced onion, and potato. The eggplant is a very abundant in the Philippines and is used in a lot of dishes. You can have Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling)
- Prepare 3 cloves (10 grams) of Garlic.
- You need 1 piece (30 grams) of Onion.
- Prepare 175 grams of Ground Pork.
- You need 2 pieces (200 grams) of Eggplant.
- It’s 2 pieces of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
- You need of Iodized Salt.
- You need of Ground Black Pepper.
The plant produces a fruit (yes, it is a fruit) that is commonly used in cooking. Tortang talong (watch the video below). If you like the recipe you just found, please share it. Share this page Tortang Talong is a simple yet delicious way of cooking eggplant.
Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) step by step
- Prepare the eggplant: Wash the eggplant in running water and dry. Get a fork and poke holes on the eggplant. Broil it in the oven until the skin turns brown and meat is soft. Peel off the skin (be careful as it very hot). Mash it a little bit using a fork until it flattens. Set aside. ©homebasedchef.
- Cook the meat filling: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Sauté the chopped garlic and red onion. Add in the ground pork and continue sautéing. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the pork turns light in color. Set aside..
- Prepare the egg mixture: Beat 1 egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the eggplant and mix with the egg in a mashing motion. Make sure to spread the eggplant to make space for the ground pork. Add the cooked pork on top and mix in the egg..
- Fry the omelette: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Hold the stem of the eggplant on one hand and hold the bowl/plate in the other hand. Slide the eggplant mixture into the pan carefully to maintain its form. Fry the omelette thoroughly on both sides..
- Repeat steps #3 and 4 for the remaining eggplant..
Recently, I bought some eggplants to cook, so when googling some recipes, I remembered my childhood eggplant dish — Tortang Talong. Working with one eggplant at a time, whisk two eggs in a shallow dish, and place the peeled eggplant on top. Peel off the skin and on a plate, flattens the meat with the back of a fork. Growing up, I never knew this food as tortang talong. I called it eggplant omelet, because really, that's all it is.