Chinese Fried Rice. Set out additional soy sauce on the table, if desired. To make this homemade fried rice recipe, you will need: Cooked, chilled rice: Make sure your rice has been cooked in advance and thoroughly chilled in the fridge in a sealed container. As I said before, freshly-cooked rice will not work well in this recipe.
You will not be getting take out any longer! Have fried rice as an entree or a side dish when serving it! If you love fried rice try these variations of fried rice: Bacon Fried Rice, Shrimp Fried Rice, Ham Fried Rice or Chicken Fried Rice. You can cook Chinese Fried Rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese Fried Rice
- You need 2 of plates of cooked rice.
- Prepare 125 grams of shrimps (cleaned).
- Prepare 125 grams of chicken meats (chopped into small portions).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of peas.
- Prepare 4 of eggs (whisked).
- You need 5 small of red chillies (blended).
- Prepare 5 of shallots (blended).
Vegetable Fried Rice has to be one of my all time favorite dishes. I love making Chinese food at home and fried rice is always the perfect accompaniment to my take out style dishes. I love serving this rice with my General Tso's Chicken and my Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef. It all starts off with cold day old rice.
Chinese Fried Rice instructions
- Using a wok, in a med-heat, melts down the butter..
- Next, put in the blended chillies and shallots paste into the butter. Cook until it lets out a beautiful scent, or in other words, until it turns slighly golden or darker than it original colour. Make sure to not overcook it as it is easily burnt..
- Put in the shrimps and chickens, and keep on cooking until they are fully cooked..
- Then, put in the peas and cook for 10 seconds, and later on put in the rice. Mix them well..
- Pour in the whisked eggs into the rice, and cook for another 20 seconds, or until the eggs is half/fully cooked, depends on what you like. But i prefer it to be half cook, so that the rice is a little wet and moist..
- Serve hot..
Learn how to make Chinese egg fried rice (Yang Chow Fried Rice or Young Chow Fried Rice) in the right way with all tips you should know for a perfect homemade stir fried rice. Fired rice (炒饭) and chow mein (炒面) possibly are the two most popular types of dishes based on staple foods of China—rice and noodles. Home-style fried rice can be as humble as basic egg fried rice or as luxury. Chop green onions and keep the dark green portions separate for garnish. Heat up a wok or non-stick skillet.