Rick's Quick and Clean Corn on the Cob. Great recipe for Rick's Quick and Clean Corn on the Cob. The quickest, juiciest corn ever, with virtually no clean-up. you gotta try this! Surprisingly easy trick for cleaning corn.
Gone are the days of plucking fibrous strands from your fresh corn on the cob! You'll love this brilliant method for shucking corn–just in time for summer! Be sure to like and comment if you have. You can cook Rick's Quick and Clean Corn on the Cob using 1 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rick's Quick and Clean Corn on the Cob
- You need 1 of ear of sweet corn (husk on).
The corn would then be wrapped in wax paper and then microwaved to sweet perfection. Now, let us fast forward more years than I wish to mention and my mother says that she now know a better way to prepare corn on the cob. Yes, there is an easier way to remove the. An Easy Way To Clean Corn on the Cob.
Rick's Quick and Clean Corn on the Cob instructions
- Place whole ear of corn (with husk on) in microwave.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Remove corn from microwave with oven mitt or potholder as corn will be very hot.
- Make a straight cut with a sharp knife across the stem end of cob at a point that you estimate to be just past the first row of corn (from the stem end).
- Pick up ear of corn (using mitt) by the pointed end (opposite of the cut end) squeeze and gently shake with cut end over plate.
- Corn should slide out onto plate (if necessary you may use tongs to pull corn out).
- Corn will come out clean with no silk.
- Discard husk and end piece.
- Butter and salt corn or add your favorite condiments as desired.
My neighbor told me of a tip for easy an easy way to clean corn on the cob. I tried it and it works so well. When I think of all the years of my life I have wasted cleaning and picking silk off of corn, I just can't believe it could be so easy. Finally, squeeze the ear of corn from the top of the husk. The cooked corn will slide right out, leaving the husk and silk behind!