Rhonda’s instant pot favorite rice. One of the best things we discovered about the Instant Pot this year is making rice at the same time as your main dish, and this butter chicken. These rice cookers are just one of the many appliances the Instant Pot replaces, and many are finding that the Instant Pot does a better job! But what is even better, the fast pressure cooking keeps chicken, especially chicken breasts, which can often get dry, tough, and stringy during other cooking methods, tender and juicy every time.
Not only does the electric pressure cooker cook dinner in a flash, but the Instant Pot's slow cooker function also makes it easy to make big-batch dinners in advance. This Instant Pot Mexican Rice recipe is my favorite side-dish for any Mexican food we eat! I perfected this recipe while living in Mexico– it's completely authentic– and I've adapted it to cook perfectly in the Instant Pot! You can have Rhonda’s instant pot favorite rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhonda’s instant pot favorite rice
- It’s of rice.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of favourite oil or butter.
- Prepare of Optional (or how I like my rice).
- It’s of chicken stock.
- Prepare of coconut powder.
- You need of Peas or type of frozen veggie of choice.
Of all the Instant Pot recipes we published this year, these were the most viewed, cooked, rated, and reviewed by the Allrecipes community. Rinse rice in a fine mesh strainer until water runs clear. Add wet rice, water, oil, and salt to your Instant Pot and stir once to combine. Lock lid and set the steam valve to "sealing" position.
Rhonda’s instant pot favorite rice instructions
- The instant pot recipe is basically one cup of rice to one cup of water so make as much or as little as you want. Do wash your rice in cool water until the water becomes less cloudy. You are washing the starch out and the rice will taste better..
- In your instant pot add the rice, water, butter, Optional to add the chicken stock and coconut..
- Lock lid into place. Ensure venting knob to sealing position. Use the manual pressure function. Cooking on high for 3 minutes. Then after 10 minutes turn venting knob to release position. Last Option, add your choice of frozen vegetable and mix in and sauté until warm..
Making rice in my Instant Pot at the same time as something else. The rice turns out great and you don't need to get out a separate pot to cook the rice on the stove. The chicken is so tender and the flavors are just unbelievable here! After this, you'll never want to make burrito bowls without your Instant Pot! This Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is perfect in your favorite Chipotle burrito bowl or as a side with tacos or enchiladas.