Homemade Tiger Prawn curry (lunch). Prawn curry is a simple delicious & flavorful dish made of fresh prawns, onions, tomatoes & spice powders. It is also known as prawn masala & pairs well with rice, roti or phulka. Indian cuisine is very diverse and most foods are made in their regional style with locally available ingredients.
Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. A mixture of Indian and Malay cuisine. Grilled jumbo tiger shrimp and coconut rice. You can have Homemade Tiger Prawn curry (lunch) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Tiger Prawn curry (lunch)
- Prepare 250 gr of tiger prawn.
- It’s 1 of medium potato (diced).
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 5 of red chillies.
- Prepare 1 of tomato (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 of cardamom.
- It’s 1 of clove.
- It’s 1 of thumb-size ginger.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 10 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel powder.
Tiger Prawns, Salt, Chillie Powder, Ginger Garlic Paste, Dhania Powder, Lemon, tomato paste. Jars and tins of Thai curry paste are available in the Asian markets but it is really easy to make a batch yourself. Check out our easy recipe and learn how to make your own Thai Yellow Curry Paste. It keeps in the freezer for a long time and is handy for a quick flavor-packed meal like our Thai-style tiger prawn yellow curry.
Homemade Tiger Prawn curry (lunch) step by step
- Cleaning of prawns : Peel off the shell, leave the prawn head and the tip of it's tail. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Blend the garlic, onion, ginger, red chillies with some water.
- Heat some oil in a pan over low heat, stir fry the star anise, cardamom, cinnamon stick, and clove for about 20 seconds then add in the curry leaves, stir for another 10 seconds.
- Add in the blended spices, fry it for about 10 mins over medium heat, add in the coconut milk then keep stirring.
- While you stir fry it frequently, add in the diced potato, chopped tomato, curry powder, fennel powder, and cumin powder. If it's too thick add in some water. Do not forget a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Lastly, add in the prawns, put on the cover lid and turn down the heat. Leave it for about 5-7 mins. Then it's ready to serve.
- Happy trying ^•^.
To make the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the cumin seeds and sauté for a few seconds. We are the UK's number one food brand. Whether you're looking for healthy recipes and guides, family projects and meal plans, the latest gadget reviews, foodie travel inspiration or just the perfect recipe for dinner tonight, we're here to help. Prawns Coconut Curry recipe is made with tiger prawns in coconut milk curry is a delight to be enjoyed with hot rice. This delicious cooked seafood recipe is an easy preparation and best enjoyed during cloudy days with steamed rice.