Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Indian-Style Rice with Cashews, Raisins and Turmeric. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmolded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh cilantro and.. Cold Rice Salad, Cold Rice Salad, Cold Thai Rice Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce And Cashews.
Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown Kofta-style kebabs with feta, harissa and onion, served with a wholesome basmati rice flavoured with Made from wild red Camargue rice, cashew nuts, lime juice, spring onions and coriander, this. Wash and sort the lettuce and leave to drain. You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped apple.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- It’s 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s of Yogurt (optional).
Lightly toast the cashews in a dry frying pan. Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with the rice salad. Remove from heat and stir wild rice with bell pepper mixture. Add dressing ingredients and shake well.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped pecans, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
With the classic combination of apples, celery and walnuts, this creamy side tastes like a jazzed up version of Waldorf salad. It complements most meat entrees or can be served on a bed of lettuce as a vegetarian dish.—Linda Bankauskas, Ann Arbor, Michigan. An easy side dish to take to picnics, potlucks or just enjoy at home is this recipe for cold Thai rice salad. This rice salad with cashews has a spicy. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then combine with vegetables in a large bowl.