You can have Neopolitan Cake using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Neopolitan Cake
- You need of cake.
- It’s 1 box of strawberry flavored cake mix (any size).
- It’s 1 of whatever is needed on back of box.
- It’s of decoration.
- It’s 6 oz of vanilla flavor frosting ( I use store bought).
- It’s 6 oz of chocolate flavor frosting ( again I used store bought).
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips.
- It’s of optional.
- You need 1 of sugar sprinkles ( I used red for valentines day).
Neopolitan Cake instructions
- make and bake cake accordning to box directions in a bundt/tube pan.
- let cool..
- turn out onto a cake plate or serving platter. then refridgerate for an hour. (this helps later, a cooler cake will help when u add the warm frosting so it doesn't soak into the cake so fast).
- place chocolate frosting in a microwave bowl and heat in microwave a few seconds until soft and liquidy enough to pour. time will vary depending on microwwave..
- drizzle frosting over cake in several areas, top, sides and center..
- place back in fridge for 10 minutes to let it cool and harden back up. (this helps so the frosting does soak into the cake to much making it soggy or unappealing looking).
- repeat same process for vanilla frosting only drizzle this slightly overlapping some of the chocolate and covering where u didn't put the chocolate frosting. feel free to leave some spots uncovered! :).
- melt chocolate chips in same manner as frosting until completely melted, hot and runny..
- using a small spoon drizzle strings of melted chocolate over entire cake in a decorative manner. ( your choice).
- now repeat with white chocolate chips…
- place sprinkles where you would like… this step is optional and u can use whatever color you would like to suit your holiday.. :).
- feel free to get creative! add other things and make it beautiful! edible silver ball sprinkles would give it a nice pretty touch! fill center with fresh strawberries! yum!.