Slow-Cooked Egg. A couple degrees hotter and you'll end up with a soft boiled egg, a couple degrees cooler and you'll have a runny mess. The concept of slow cooking an egg is nothing new. The Japanese have been using hot springs to slow cook.
Very, very slow-cooked eggs even better. It's only through association with the equipment used to cook sous-vide (vacuum-sealed) foods that the term sous-vide eggs has stuck, despite the fact that there is no vacuum involved in their preparation. Discover seven egg recipes you can make in your slow cooker. You can have Slow-Cooked Egg using 2 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow-Cooked Egg
- It’s 1 of immersion circulator.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Yes, we even have a recipe for eggs Benedict. Interesting, I never thought about creating eggs cocotte so that they took on such a consistency – I'd compare it to the soft poach approach for onsen tamago (hot spring eggs) where the egg whites are just creamy and set and the yolk is still runny… in the cheat's method I simply wrapped an egg in paper towel and set it on a bed of just cooked rice (in a rice cooker) that had switched. A confit egg yolk is something you'll see on plenty of restaurant menus, but they're actually very easy to make at home. The method means the egg yolk is just cooked, often placed on top a dish to be broken and create an oozing sauce.
Slow-Cooked Egg instructions
- Prepare a water bath to 62.8 degrees C. The pic is of my nomiku circulator as it's getting set up. Pretty cool. Interesting interface, and it has some cool features..
- Place your egg in the hot water. You can do several eggs at a time, just make sure that there's enough room for water to move around so that you don't end up with spots where the temp varies..
- Set a timer for 45 minutes..
- At the 45 minute mark, remove the eggs from the water. Use them right away or store in the refrigerator..
- To use, just crack one opened and separate the loose white that doesn't coagulate like you see in the pic. If you're using eggs that have been in the fridge, crack them into hot water and let them sit for 5 minutes or so to warm up..
- These things are great. Crack one in a bowl with some soy sauce, or into some noodles or a bowl of rice. Use it in place of a poached egg for eggs Benedict. Can't really go wrong..
To confit basically means to slow-cook an ingredient in fat. These are not just any soft and creamy scrambled eggs; these are the softest and the creamiest scrambled eggs of all time. These are the scrambled eggs that seal the deal on marriage proposals and earn you special brownie points every Mother's Day. These scrambled eggs put all others to shame. Want to know the secret to these swoony scrambled eggs?