PheNOMenal Grilled Cheese. It was out of this world! Talk about a phenomenal grilled cheese! Talk about a phenomenal grilled cheese!
The first of our National Grilled Cheese Month installments, a phenomenal combination of Emmental, Parmesan, thyme, sautéed mushrooms. My sister Fiona's phenomenal grilled green chicken may be the best thing you throw on the grill or in your oven! Never doubt your grilled cheese process with this recipe from Delish.com. You can cook PheNOMenal Grilled Cheese using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of PheNOMenal Grilled Cheese
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsalted butter – softened.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 4 slice of bread (we like wheat, whole grain or sourdough).
- Prepare 2 slice of pepper jack cheese.
- Prepare 2 slice of american cheese.
- You need 2 slice of sharp cheddar cheese.
Add two slices of bread, butter side down. While it is phenomenal tasting, it's obviously not a stand-alone meal. What better way to finish off National Grilled Cheese Month than with the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich? Three kinds of cheese, salty prosciutto, fresh tomatoes, and a touch of spice make this anything but your everyday grilled cheese sandwich.
PheNOMenal Grilled Cheese instructions
- In a small bowl mix butter and Dijon mustard until combined and smooth. Divide into fourths. Lay slices of bread out on your work surface. Butter top side of each slice with 1/4 of the butter mixture..
- Prep your cheeses for quick sandwich assembly. Make two stacks, one slice of each cheese per stack, with american in the middle of each stack. Because american melts the easiest of the three putting it in the middle helps blend and bind all the cheeses while cooking..
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium low heat for a couple minutes. Working one sandwich at a time, place first slice of bread butter side down in skillet. Place stack of cheeses on top, pepper jack on bottom so it is closest to the heat first. This is because it is the slowest of the three to melt. Then place second slice of bread on top of cheeses, butter side up..
- Place a lid on your skillet for 1 minute. Remove lid, cook 1 minute more. Lift corner of bread with a spatula to see how toasted it is. You want a golden brown color. On my stove this usually takes 2-4 minutes, including time with lid on..
- When golden brown carefully flip sandwich with spatula. Press down top gently with back of spatula to squish the halves together. Cook another 2-4 minutes or until golden brown on second side..
- Flip top side back down for a quick reheat (only about 20 seconds). Transfer to plate, let rest for 2 minutes for cheeses to set a little. Repeat cooking steps for second sandwich..
- Once rested cut on the diagonal to display all that ooey gooey awesomeness, serve with a soup that begs you to dip something in it and enjoy. ;).
Serve with a lightly dressed green salad. Three Cheese Grilled Cheese-this triple cheese grilled cheese sandwich is perfect for dunking into a Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup are a match made in heaven. Using a bread other than the expected white loaf is key to these crowd-pleasers. Thankfully, my local market in mid-Missouri carries kalamata olive bread. This Adult Grilled Cheese is especially for grown-ups.