Greek chicken tacos. Greek Chicken Street Tacos are a great twist on the classic street taco. Greek Chicken Street Tacos combine Mediterranean cooking with the concept of a street taco, resulting in a refreshingly, casual but delicious, eat with your hands dish. Greek Chicken Street Tacos are easy to make and even easier to eat.
I am obsessed with whipped feta and in particular these Greek Chicken Tacos with Whipped Feta. Ahhhhhhh a little taste of the Mediterranean comin' your way today. Now bear in mind, I've never visited Greece – and that is why I often talk about "Greek-inspired" dishes. You can cook Greek chicken tacos using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greek chicken tacos
- It’s 1 cup of plain greek yogurt.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato diced.
- You need 1 of lemon halved.
- Prepare of Chicken breasts.
- It’s of Feta cheese.
- Prepare of Flour tortillas.
The ground chicken works really well in place of beef as the Tuttorosso red sauce and chicken stock give it great flavor. The toppings, including my homemade Tzatziki sauce, for these Greek Chicken Soft Tacos make this dinner anything but boring! Tuttorosso tomatoes are grown on family-owned and family-run farms and also packed here in the U. These Greek Chicken Tacos have all the same fresh flavors with the Mediterranean seasoned chicken, the Feta-yogurt spread and the topping of juicy, crunchy vegetables.
Greek chicken tacos step by step
- Prepare tsatziki sauce. Mix yogurt, cucumber, red onion, garlic, squeeze of half a lemon, salt and pepper. Refrigerate..
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, oregano and squeeze of lemon. Grill is best but pan sear if needed. Once cooked slice pretty thinly or chunk..
- Grill tortillas or cook over gas stove preferably. Otherwise you can microwave to warm if desperate but cooking ove an open flame to get a tiny crispy is best..
- Sauté or grill the other half of the sliced red onion..
- Assemble taco. Sauce first, chicken, tomato and feta cheese. Enjoy!!.
As an added bonus I found that my favorite Flatout Foldit flatbreads are perfect in place of the pita for a much lighter meal that is every bit as delicious. Stir together quartered grape tomatoes, feta cheese, cucumber, olives, onion, chopped pepperoncini salad peppers, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic. The result was that these Greek Chicken Tacos go down as one of the easiest meals ever to put together! To be perfectly honest, nothing could have prepared me to love this blender as much as I do. And score – everything but the motor is dishwasher safe.