P.F. Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. These paleo chicken lettuce wraps are a great example. The sauce!), and fresh (made from real-food ingredients!), these lettuce wraps are always a BIG hit at our house. These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are reminiscent of PF Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps, yet they're gluten-free, paleo-friendly and much healthier.
My mom and I love to go to P. Chang's China Bistro for lunch as I can usually order simple salmon and broccoli for my meal. Occasionally, as a "cheat" we'll get a glass of chardonnay and split the chicken lettuce wraps ~ it's such a treat! You can have P.F. Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of P.F. Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- It’s 1 lb of chicken, cubed.
- You need 5 oz of shiitake mushrooms, finely diced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of scallions, chopped.
- You need 5 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of slivered almonds.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coconut aminos.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sriracha.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Raw Honey.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 16 of Boston Lettuce Leaves.
I've tried other lettuce wrap recipes and hands down, this one comes the closest to PF Chang's chicken lettuce wraps. Ground chicken is the way to go. I didn't add the sriracha as I don't like the taste. I tripled the recipe and we had plenty for dinner and leftovers for a few days for the whole family.
P.F. Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps instructions
- In a skillet, heat sesame oil on medium heat. Add Chicken. Cook until almost done.
- Add mushrooms, scallions, ginger and coconut aminos. Cook until onions and mushrooms are limp..
- Stir in garlic, almonds, white wine vinegar, mustard, Sriracha, honey and salt.
- Serve the chicken mixture in a bowl with the lettuce cups on the plate..
This had been added to my go-to. My Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are delicious, gluten-free and paleo friendly. With a few simple swaps, like substituting tamari or coconut aminos for soy sauce and almond butter for peanut butter. Another Paleo diet hit in our house was made tonight and before the rest of the chicken was devoured I quickly snapped a photo to share. I'll never forget the first time I made these Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps.