Loaded red potato-cauliflower soup. If you love the flavors of a loaded baked potato—think cheddar cheese, crisp bacon, and the bright bite of chives—but are on a low-carb diet, then this soup is for you. This Loaded Cauliflower Potato Soup is the perfect combination of hearty and healthy. Packed with roasted cauliflower and potatoes, and loaded with delicious toppings.
Divide cauliflower between two large baking sheets. Drizzle each baking sheet with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. This Slow Cooker Loaded Potato and Cauliflower Soup gives you all the flavors you love from a loaded baked potato with a lighter twist! You can cook Loaded red potato-cauliflower soup using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Loaded red potato-cauliflower soup
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need of ~ 3 tbsp minced garlic.
- It’s of ~12 oz red potatoes, boiled.
- Prepare 1 of cauliflower head, steamed.
- It’s 1 of sm. carrot, shredded.
- Prepare 1 of reg. pkg Instant potatoes (best w baby red / Parm. / garlic flavor).
- It’s of ~6 oz Light sour cream.
- Prepare of ~4-5 C Fat free milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 oz of chives, chopped.
- Prepare of Green onions, chopped to top.
- It’s of Bacon, as desired(fully cooked bacon bits).
- It’s of Cheddar, as desired.
- It’s of Black pepper, as desired.
Replacing some of the potatoes in this soup with cauliflower lowers the calories and carbs without sacrificing that thick, rich potato texture or flavor. Heat a soup pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until browned and crisp, then transfer to a plate. Red potatoes are one of my all-time favorite veggies.
Loaded red potato-cauliflower soup step by step
- Prep: chop onions, mince garlic, de-core cauliflower, shred carrot..
- Get cooking: place potatoes in water and boil until tender. Steam cauliflower, and once nearly completely, top with shredded carrot. Water-sauté onions & once tender add butter & garlic. Set aside to prevent burning..
- Combine: Get instant mashed potatoes prepared. Blend potatoes and cauliflower together (use milk as needed). Add blend to onions, and combine w sour cream, instant potatoes, chives, and bacon. Add milk as needed. Simmer on low. Top with black pepper, green onion, cheddar..
It's a toss up between red potatoes and corn as a favorite for my dad, but I definitely inherited the love of red potatoes from him. When he cooks you can guarantee there will be red potatoes AND corn in whatever he's making. Melt butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. This is a little twist on a potato soup by using red potatoes instead of yukon gold potatoes. I LOVE the addition of the red potatoes!