Egg drop tofu soup. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. Since it's approaching winter in Minnesota, I have been cooking lots of comfort food, like soup and stew to ward of the cold. And if you need something hot and delicious and super quick to prepare, then you will be glad to have this smashed tofu egg drop soup in your arsenal.
Egg drop soup is a meal that is best served as soon as it's ready, so tell your guests to be at the table with this was amazing! i added tofu noodles to it and extra ginger. Egg drop soup was always her first choice. You don't need to add tons of spices like star anise and cloves because it overpowers the delicate egg flavor. You can cook Egg drop tofu soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egg drop tofu soup
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of tofu ,cubed.
- You need 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of bean sprouts (optional).
- It’s 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of miso.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 8 of peppercorns.
- You need 4-6 of cloves.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 1/2 inch of ginger sliced.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of chopped spring onions to garnish.
Even though egg drop soup is served at many Chinese restaurants, it wasn't something my family ordered when we went out to eat. Our version usually contained corn kernels and sometimes ground pork, but I've also had it with pieces of soft tofu and have seen recipes that add winter melon or even. Making these soups during the winter months. Egg drop soups are always easy and quick to prepare.
Egg drop tofu soup step by step
- Boil chicken or vegetable stock, add ginger, cinnamon stick, miso paste in a deep pan. In a tea strainer, place star anise, peppercorns and cloves and add to the pan..
- Add soy sauce and tofu and bean sprouts and simmer for 5 mins on medium heat.
- This step is optional: Add 2 Tbsp of corn flour with little water and add to pan for thickening and mix well for 2 mins..
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk with fork. Using fork, pour the eggs to the pan like long ribbons. Simmer for 3 mins and turn off the stove.
- Transfer the soup in a bowl and garnish with spring onions and enjoy!!!.
When I am in a hurry of preparing a dinner or my family do not need too much meat or fat, I will I have post recipe introducing tomato rib soup. The recipe today calls for fresh tofu, egg and tomatoes. Those ingredients not only create a slightly sweet. This Egg Drop Soup recipe can either be a stand alone recipe or easily served alongside many different meals, we go either way. Some additions that people add to their egg drop soup is corn, peas, bok choy, spinach, tofu, etc.