Paleo Pulled Pork and Tangy BBQ Sauce. Want to Lose weight and transform your health? Paleo pulled pork is an amazing tasting dish. The flavors are just so intense and a bit on the spicy side.
The Paleo pork recipe below is created using a slow cooker or crock pot and is quite easy to prepare. Pair this crockpot pulled pork with the accompanying Beasty BBQ Sauce and you have a crowd favorite with minimal work. We use it to make sandwiches, soups, frittatas and loaded nachos (recipe from The Paleo Kitchen). You can have Paleo Pulled Pork and Tangy BBQ Sauce using 23 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Paleo Pulled Pork and Tangy BBQ Sauce
- You need of Pulled Pork.
- You need 4 lb of Pork Shoulder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Fresh Ground Pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of Smokey Paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cayenne.
- You need of BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare 4 1/2 cup of Beef Stock.
- You need 6 clove of Garlic, pressed or minced.
- It’s 3 can of 6-oz tomato paste.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Raw Honey.
- You need 3 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- It’s 6 tsp of Smokey paprika.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 3 tsp of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Cayenne.
We truly believe that cooking should be easy and. A super-simple crock pot recipe for barbecue pulled pork, complete with a paleo and gluten free bun to make awesome and healthy sliders. Cooks in an afternoon in your crockpot – top with paleo bbq sauce and enjoy! Place pork in crock pot and cover with chicken broth.
Paleo Pulled Pork and Tangy BBQ Sauce step by step
- First, Make the BBQ Sauce.
- Simmer the beef stock and garlic together in a saucepan on medium heat for about 5 minutes. This allows the garlic to cook without burning. (You should be able to smell the garlic).
- Next add all remaining ingredients and whisk together in a saucepan.
- Simmer on low heat for at least 25 minutes. This brings the flavors together..
- Crock Pot Cooking Instructions:.
- Set Crock pot to LOW.
- Combine all dry spices above into a small bowl.
- Rub spices on all sides of the pork roast.
- Place pork roast into the crock pot.
- Pour about 1 cup of barbecue sauce over the pork roast.
- Cook about 8 hours (it will look like there is not much liquid in the crock pot as it begins to cook – the pork will slowly add its own juices to the liquid).
- Remove pork from crock pot (keep Crock Pot on LOW).
- Strain remaining liquid – you should end up with approx. 2 cups of strained liquid.
- Shred pork and place back into empty crock pot.
- Pour the strained liquid back into the pot.
- Next add 1 to 1 1/2 cups of barbecue sauce, stir and let simmer in crock pot about 30 minutes.
- If you end up having extra BBQ sauce, once the sauce has simmered, bottle it up and store in refrigerator for up to one month..
While the pork is cooking, make the barbecue sauce. Discard thick layers of fat, connective tissues, or veins. Shred pork by pulling apart the meat using two forks. Paleo & Keto BBQ Pulled Pork in your Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker!) Paleo & Keto BBQ Pulled Pork Instant Pot (or Slow Cooker!) You do gotta love the instant pot (or pressure cooker) for speeding up the cooking process, by a lot! So think of this as your lazy (and weeknight friendly!) bbq pulled pork.