Chinese Pepper Steak. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Pepper steak is one of the classic take out items of Chinese food restaurants and Take Out Stands across the country. While it bears little resemblance to its original dish (which contained pork, by the way), it's still a fast and easy to prepare meal that's quite delicious.
It's a simple stir-fry style dish of onions, peppers, and steak cooked in a wok with a. This pepper steak is the classic restaurant version to the super popular Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken you all love on the blog. Easy Chinese pepper steak recipe! tender strips of beef stir-fried with bell peppers and coated in tasty dark sauce. You can have Chinese Pepper Steak using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Pepper Steak
- It’s 2 lb of Chuck steak.
- You need 1 of Red pepper.
- You need 1 of Yellow pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 3 medium of onions.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Soy sauce.
Learn how to make authentic Chinese pepper steak that will put your takeaway to shame. Place oil into wok and heat up oil. Add garlic, meat, salt, ginger and pepper. Remove meat from wok and place on a heat platter covered in aluminum foil.
Chinese Pepper Steak instructions
- Slice meat against the grain in 1 inch strips.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, when pan is hot add oil. When oil heats add beef, garlic powder and ground ginger and stir occassionally.
- While meat is searing, chop bell peppers into strips and cut onions in half and then slices.
- When meat has browned,(after cooking 10 – 15 mins) add chopped peppers and onions, stir and cover with a lid.
- Cook covered for approximately 15 minutes until peppers start to wilt and onions start to become translucent..
- Mix together soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Stir well and pour in frying pan, stir well and allow to come to a rapid boil for 2 – 3 minutes uncovered.
- Serve over hot rice.
This Chinese pepper steak is formulated by using this winning combination, along with soy sauce and mirin to add a touch of teriyaki flavor. You can use Chinese light soy sauce and Shaoxing wine to make it tastes utterly Chinese if you prefer a real Chinese pepper steak. You will love this recipe which is very different from your regular steak. Wok Hei, the smoky, charred flavor or well-cooked stir-fries can make or break Pepper Steak, the classic Chinese-American staple. Our version combines tender steak with bell peppers and onions in a savory black pepper-flavored sauce.