72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce. As a fan of steak and red meat in general in my cooking, I have always loved a great beef short rib. The cut of meat tends to be larger than pork ribs and more tender. I'll take a whole portion and sous-vide it for about.
Discover how to live a Free Range Life – enjoying the simple pleasures of exploring your creativity, connecting with nature and sharing food and laughter through the seasons. The perfect wedding or event deserves the perfect menu. The Executive Chef here at Trapp Family Lodge has created a variety of menu suggestions for special events, with options for hors d'oeuvres, plated dinners, and themed buffets. You can cook 72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce using 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce
- Prepare 1 of Boneless Beef Short Rib, 2lbs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Minced Shallots.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of Beef Stock.
- You need 1 cup of Port Wine.
- You need 1 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Melted Butter.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Garlic Clove.
- Prepare 2 of Sprigs Fresh Thyme.
- You need 1 tbsp of Parsley.
Crusted Filet Mignon or Chianti Braised Prime Short Ribs. Stuffed with Spinach, Fontina and Pesto, Sunrise Turkey "Geschnetzeltes" with Vegetable-Herb Sauce and Potato-Carrot Roesti Strips of turkey breats are sautéed with vegetbales and herbs and a creamy white wine sauce. Serve with roesti. "Geschnetzeltes" refers to a specific popular German dish with thinly cut strips of meat in a creamy sauce. My favourite way of moistening meat is to brine it.
72 Hour Short Ribs with Potato Rosti and Port Wine Sauce step by step
- Season the raw short rib with salt and pepper..
- Place your boneless cut of short rib into a sous-vide pouch with a tablespoon of butter..
- Vacuum seal the bag and cook in a water bath at 59.5 C (139.1 F) for 72 hours **Time and temperature is referenced from Thomas Keller?s Under Pressure sous-vide book**.
- After 72 Hours? Heat some butter in a sauté pot over medium heat..
- Chop the shallots finely, add to pan and sweat until translucent..
- Add the port wine and reduce by half..
- Add beef stock, bring to boil, and reduce heat to simmer..
- Simmer and reduce by half or until sauce consistency, coats the back of a spoon..
- Add butter, salt, pepper, to taste..
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Peel potatoes, grate with box grater, place grated potato in a clean dish towel, squeeze out water..
- Place grated potato in large bowl, add cornstarch, butter, parsley, and season with salt and pepper, blend well..
- Form into medium size patties (about 1/3 cup), place on sheet tray and gently press down to flatten..
- Heat some oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat..
- Sauté rosti until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Put in the oven 15 minutes..
- Set aside on a baking sheet and hold warm..
- Open the pouch of short rib and place into a baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and cook at 375°F until heated through, about 30 minutes..
- Heat sauté pan with oil over medium high heat, add 1 T of butter to melt, Thyme and garlic, place meat in pan, sear on both sides..
- Transfer meat to a cutting board, allow it to rest a moment, and then cut slices against the grain..
- Place slices on a serving dish and serve with the rosti and port wine sauce.
See More Lamb Shanks in Portobello Sauce with White Bean and Chicken Sausage. Ingredients: Lamb shank, Chicken Andouille sausage, Cannellini beans, Stock, Celery, Carrots, Garlic, Bay leaves, Onion, Dried thyme, Olive oil, Dried thyme, Cannellini beans Based on his hit U. K. series of the same name, each distinctive and fast-paced hour will combine good food and good cooking with Ramsay's passion, energy and humor into a one-of-a-kind LIVE series. See more ideas about Recipes, Cooking recipes, Food. We will try to accommodate any dietary concerns with special menu selections, if given advance notice.