Duck Breasts with Concord Sauce. Duck breast with orange sauce The orange sauce recipe for this meal is really tasty and you can also make it to accompany chicken if you wish. Orange is a great accompaniment to duck and you will find them used together a lot. Season the duck breast with salt and pepper.
Remove the duck from the bag and place it skin side down in a pan on medium heat and render out as much of the fat as you desire. Slice the duck breasts, arrange on plate and dress with concord grape sauce. Great recipe for a main course duck breast dish. You can have Duck Breasts with Concord Sauce using 8 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Duck Breasts with Concord Sauce
- You need 4 of Duck Breasts, whole.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Concord Grapes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1/4 cup of of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 4 of sprigs Fresh Thyme.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Pepper.
The Best Side Dishes Duck Recipes on Yummly Orange Duck, Duck Rice, Gizzard Salad.. Confit Duck Pastilla La Cocina de Babel. A delicious blackcurrant sauce with a hint of balsamic vinegar, and a little trick to perfectly cook your duck breast fillets, so that they are sooo tender.
Duck Breasts with Concord Sauce step by step
- Set the circulator to heat your water bath to 60.5 C / 140.9 F.
- Preheat conventional oven to 375°F..
- Season the duck breast with salt and pepper and place in a pouch with the duck fat. Make sure that all ingredients are cold..
- Vacuum seal on medium..
- Once water bath target temperature is reached (60.5 C / 140.9 F), place duck pouch into the circulating water bath and cook for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, rinse grapes thoroughly and pat dry..
- Toss in olive oil, add a pinch of salt and pepper and some thyme..
- Lay the grapes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet..
- Cook the grapes in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until they split and release juices..
- Push grapes/mixture through a fine mesh screen, discard pulp and seeds if any. Set aside remaining juice..
- Remove the duck breast from the water bath and let sit for 10 minutes within the sealed pouch..
- Open pouch and pour duck jus into a medium sauce pan with chicken stock..
- Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes..
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the remaining grape juice and blend the sauce together for 3 minutes. Season if necessary..
- Remove the duck from the bag and place it skin side down in a pan on medium heat and render out as much of the fat as you desire..
- Flip and sear the meat side for no more than 60 seconds..
- Slice the duck breasts, arrange on plate and dress with concord grape sauce. Great with sautéed vegetables..
Cook duck and then deglaze with blackcurrant + balsamic vinegar. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the meat to rest for a few minutes before slicing. Cut all the way through the skin and most of the fat, but avoid the flesh. Alternatively, you can use a Jaccard tool to pierce the skin. Place duck breast skin-side down on bed of salt.