ChanaDal Vada Recipe (lentil fritters). By all means this is not the authentic recipe that you find from India. For me, this is as close as it gets to the ones that I've been eating all. Medhu Vadai or Ulundhu Vadai is a popular South Indian snack and break fast dish and is often made on all special occasions and festivals.
My take on the delicious Masala Vada. Crunchy on the outside and soft in the inside. Full of wonderful taste of spices and herb. You can cook ChanaDal Vada Recipe (lentil fritters) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of ChanaDal Vada Recipe (lentil fritters)
- You need 2 cups of Channa dal – (soaked for 2 hours).
- You need 4 pc of – Green chilli.
- It’s 4 pc of – Red chilli.
- It’s 3-4 of Chopped Onions.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of – Ginger.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of – Rice flour.
- It’s of Salt (quantity- as your wish).
- Prepare of Oil (for deep fry).
Dal vada recipe with step by step photos – yum and a favorite South Indian snack made with chana dal (bengal gram), onions and spices-herbs. While growing up, chana dal vada used to be one of our favorite fried snack. Mom used to make these crisp crunchy fritters as an evening snack. Vada recipe – Garelu, uddina vade, ulundhu vadai, medu vada are the other South Indian names to these round disc shaped fritters.
ChanaDal Vada Recipe (lentil fritters) step by step
- In the blender add soaked chandal after draining water completely from them, along with add red chilli, green chilli and make a paste of it.
- After the blend. Add onion, rice flour, ginger and mix them mash them with your hand properly..
- Mix all the ingredients properly. Vada mix should be stiff, as shown. Now grease your hands with oil. Take 2tablespoon of vada and mix into your hand making it a flat circle shown in the photo..
- Lastly, deep fry them until they turn Golden Brown..
Vada is a crispy deep fried savory food made of lentils. Usually they are made by soaking and grinding urad dal (skinned black gram) or chana dal (bengal gram) to. Medu Vadas are the traditional lentil fritters from the southern regions of India, gone wildly popular all over India. Breakfast, snack, party food, festival food, street food, or anytime food – they qualify for everything. They are quite skilfully shaped like a doughnut and then deep fried.