Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan). The farmers market is overflowing with the most beautiful spring produce! I picked a few up veggies at the Kendall Yards Night Market from a farm stand run by River City Youth Ops- a local Spokane organization that empowers youth to be strong and dynamic voices in their own lives and community. They learn a variety of job skills through hands-on urban farming, to harvesting to selling their.
They are all super healthy, light and so colorful!. Fresh and Easy Green Lentil Salad by Natasha from Salt and Lavender. Healthy Fruit Pizza by Melissa from Vegan Huggs. You can cook Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan)
- Prepare 1 cup of dry raw green lentils.
- It’s 2 of medium sized tomatoes cubed.
- It’s 4-5 of shallots chopped coarsely.
- Prepare 1 of large cucumber diced.
- You need 1 of apple (I used red apples).
- Prepare of Few sprigs of mint.
- It’s 2 tbsps of finely chopped mint.
- Prepare 2 of tsps freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare of Few walnuts (as per your liking).
- You need of Dry chia seeds for garnish.
- It’s 2 of medium sized potatoes par boiled and unpeeled.
- You need 3 cups of stock (any flavor).
- You need 2 of tsps sweet paprika powder.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need of Some olive oil.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsps of good quality Balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
Arugula, White Bean and Grilled Potato Salad. Think of this one as a hearty main salad. It's got quinoa, grilled potatoes, beans, arugula and the yummiest balsamic dressing. Here's my vegan and gluten-free version of the classic niçoise salad.
Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- While the oven is being preheated, add lentils and stock of your choice on a casserole and cook it for at least 13 mins. Depending on your lentils, you would have to keep a watch. The goal is to cook the lentils al dente. Some lentils like whole moong might take as long as 20 mins until al dente..
- Meanwhile, in an oven tray, place your unpeeled parboiled potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and paprika. Add roughly crushed garlic, a dash of olive oil and give it a nice mix with your hands. Put the potatoes in the oven and let them bake for at least 15 mins..
- While the potatoes are getting baked, you can work on the other ingredients. Take the cubed apples and sprinkle some lemon juice on them and keep them aside in the fridge for at least 5 mins..
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain out the water and leave them out to cool. Once they are nicely cooked down and dried up, throw in all the chopped vegetables and apples. Give it a nice gentle toss and keep your salad bowl in the fridge..
- Take out the potatoes from the oven. Squish them lightly so that they break a little. Throw in a dash of balsamic vinegar and put them back for another 15 mins. You want to cook them until they become crunchy and golden..
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together and voila!.
- Once your potatoes are baked. It's time to start plating! Toss your salad in a bowl, garnish with chia seeds and nuts. Add the baked potatoes and some mint leaves. Sprinkle some sauce and you won't regret it!.
This version is just as, if not better, than the. It refrigerates and packs well so make it ahead on Sunday to take to work during the week. Need a Spring time pasta salad to bring to a gathering? This lentil pasta salad is delicious and nutrient rich and a pasta salad everyone will enjoy!. mostly vegetarian (largely vegan and gluten free too!) recipes and photographing every bite! Chelsey has had food allergies [to tree nuts, peanuts and sesame seeds] since a young age, which.