Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian. Stuffed marrow is one of my favourite meals. I first tried it when Scott's Mum cooked some for us a few years ago. She stuffed hers with pork mince and I loved it at the time but I can't stomach minced meat anymore (nothing to do with her cooking, just my inner vegetarian coming out).
We tried this on the Riverford staff and it went down pretty well (nearly as well as the all-day breakfast). If you like spice, add a minced chilli with the pepper and garlic. Turn off the heat and leave covered. You can cook Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian
- Prepare 1 medium of Marrow.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1/4 of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of Green Pepper.
- It’s 4 of Mushrooms.
- You need 1 can of Chopped Tomatoes, small can.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic chopped/minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of Mixed Herbs.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Cooked Greens.
In this vegetarian stuffed marrow recipe, I have used a vegetable mix with cheeses. You can ring the changes using perhaps mushrooms, celery or other vegetables. I served this meal with boiled, basmati rice but you could use any rice or perhaps a baked potato. Peel the marrow and scrape out the seeds and core, then slice the flesh into thick slices, and then into chunks.
Stuffed Marrow – Vegetarian step by step
- This receipe is based on SERVING TWO PEOPLE. If wanting more servings, increase the ingredients & amount of marrow being used..
- Cut about a 3rd off of the marrow. Then cut into two equal circular portions. Cut out the centre of each portion. Set aside the marrow portions for now..
- Cut the onion, peppers & mushrooms into small squares..
- Heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil. Once heated add the chopped onions, peppers & mushrooms..
- After a few minutes cooking. Add one of the chopped garlic cloves..
- Once the veg is cooked through, 5 minutes or so. Add the chopped tomatoes & mixed herbs. Heat through for a couple of minutes..
- Take a oven proof dish & wipe with oil to prevent sticking. Place the cooked greens in dish..
- Sprinkle the last chopped garlic clove over the greens..
- Place the marrow on top of the greens. fill the marrow portions with the tomato veg mix..
- If you have any left over tomato veg mix place it on top of the greens around the marrow..
- Placed in a preheated oven. Gas 6 – 185 fan assisted – 190/200 non-fan assisted..
- Cook for 35/40mins. About 5/10 minutes before it's ready, grate your choice of cheese on top of the marrow. Cook till melted cheese is to your liking..
- Serve up & enjoy! I like to do a side of garlic potatoe wedges with it..
Lay the marrow on a square of kitchen foil or baking. Home » Main Meals Recipes » Vegetarian Recipes » Vegetarian Stuffed Marrow with Veggie Chilli. Vegetarian Stuffed Marrow with Veggie Chilli. We are the UK's number one food brand. How to Make Stuffed Baked Marrow.