Braised Fennel and Potatoes. Stir in broth, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Sprinkle with fennel fronds and serve with lemon wedges. Cut fennel into quarters, remove core and any tough outer layers, and slice finely.
Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant and the onions and fennel are beginning to soften and turn transparent. Oven Roasted Potatoes and Fennel, is a simple yet delicious vegetarian dish combining two of my favourite vegetables. This combo makes an excellent side dish to any main meal. You can have Braised Fennel and Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised Fennel and Potatoes
- It’s 1 of Fennel Bulb, Large.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, large.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1 lb of Red Potatoes.
What is Fennel and what can I do with it? Fennel is a super crisp vegetable that can be eaten raw as is or sliced thinly and tossed in a salad. Braised fennel, tomatoes and potatoes make a rich and hearty side dish. Serve as an accompaniment to grilled or pan-seared veal chops, chicken breasts and any kind of broiled or baked fish.
Braised Fennel and Potatoes step by step
- Set the circulator for 85 C / 185°F..
- Cut fennel lengthwise, thick slices..
- Halve the onion then cut lengthwise into thick slices..
- Combine fennel, onion, 1 tsp salt and pepper with the olive oil in a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal..
- Cook for 40 minutes at 85 C / 185°F..
- Cut potatoes crosswise into ¼ inch slices..
- Add potatoes, water and remaining tsp of salt into a sous-vide pouch and vacuum seal..
- Cook for 25 minutes at 85 C / 185°F..
- Remove all ingredients from their pouches and blend well in a serving dish..
- Serve immediately..
Cream-braised fennel and potatoes is a decadent side dish perfect for Thanksgiving. While Spring produce seems to get the lion's share of attention — think pea shoots and fiddlehead ferns — Fall's fabulous produce is sandwiched between the glut of pumpkin recipes for Halloween and the sweets-heavy holiday season. The best braised pork shoulder I have ever made, flavorful and moist, like my Mom used to make, but with the update of the fennel marinade. Add wine, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pot. Add the clam juice, potatoes, tomato, liqueur, bay leaf, thyme, fennel seed, and saffron to the skillet.