Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed. Crispy seaweed, despite the name, is in fact deep-fried spring greens. A popular Chinese dish, crispy seaweed can be finished with sesame seeds, Chinese five-spice powder, chilli, or simply sprinkled with salt and served with a sweet chilli dip. Alternatively, the spring greens can be baked in a hot.
Before serving, season with salt, sugar and Chinese five spice powder. Crispy Cabbage Seaweed Recipe (Chinese Style Cooking) Welcome to Xiao's Kitchen. My name is Xiao Wei, ever since my Mother taught me how to cook at an early age, I have always had a strong passion. You can have Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed
- It’s 1 of Dark green cabbage or bok choy.
- You need 3/4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2/3 cup of cooking oil.
Chinese Crispy Seaweed is much less exotic than it sounds. While "seaweed" is in the title of the dish, it's traditionally made from bok choy. Cabbage or other greens make an equally delicious recipe. Rather than venturing to Asian markets, you can buy the ingredients at your local supermarket—and.
Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed step by step
- To create the effect of seaweed, cut the leaves of the cabbage into thin strips..
- Once all cut up, add the oil to a wock style frying and heat for 1 minute.
- Add the strips of cabbage to the hot oil on a medium heat and continuously flip the seaweed with the pan or the use of a utensil..
- Keep this up until the strips/seaweed have shunk and gotten darker in colour. You may want to sample to make sure the seaweed is crispy before you finish cooking..
- Once happy with it, transfer your seaweed onto thick kitchen paper towels to blot out any heavy oil then place into a medium sized bowl without the paper towels..
- Now, add the sugar evenly first mixing it around the seaweek with a spoon and do the same for the salt..
- After seasoning transfer onto your dinner plate to your presentation needs and your crispy seaweed is ready to eat..
Great recipe for Chinese style – Crispy Seaweed. Crispy by name crispy by nature. Brilliant with any Chinese main dish or even as a snack. The sugar really infused with the salt to make a perfect blend of sweet and savory on my tongue. Overall, great light and enjoyable food.