Asian teriyaki lettuce wraps. These Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps are an easy and light weeknight meal. A quick homemade teriyaki sauce makes them way better than takeout! I like using butter lettuce as wraps, but any kind of lettuce works.
Delicious and bursting with flavor, Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for entertaining or a family style meal. Each person can build their own fresh, delicious wrap. Just be sure to have plates or napkins available since the mixture can sometimes drip a little. You can have Asian teriyaki lettuce wraps using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian teriyaki lettuce wraps
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 3/4 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 can of water chestnuts (drained).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of low sodium teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sliced almonds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of pure sesame seed oil (divided).
- Prepare 1 packages of romain hearts lettuce.
After the holidays I am ready to set goals and think more about healthy recipes that are still flavorful. What Lettuce Is Best For Making Lettuce Wraps? Iceberg Lettuce gives them a nice crispiness but they are harder to roll compared to other lettuce types. Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Pineapple SlatSuburban Soapbox.
Asian teriyaki lettuce wraps instructions
- Heat 1tablespoon of sesame seed oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook for 3minutes or until Brown.
- Add water chestnuts and mushrooms and ginger to chicken mixture, stir and let cook for another 5minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add rice vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder remainder of sesame seed oil and crushed red pepper to mixture and stir while still heating on fire.
- Top mixture with carrots,onions and almonds.
- Spoon onto romain hearts and enjoy.
Healthy Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Paleo, GF, Soy-Free + Refined Sugar-Free)Real Simple Good. Hello, Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps – my new favourite lunch! …at least until my next favourite lunch comes along… The stomach wants what the stomach wants, ya know? And right now the stomach most definitely wants some more of this spicy, sticky teriyaki. These Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps are a healthy meal that's so flavorful and easy to make. This recipe features homemade teriyaki sauce and crisp lettuce..