Elisa's Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu. Here is a little history on this iconic dish (thank you, Wikipedia): A cordon bleu or schnitzel cordon bleu is a dish of meat wrapped around cheese (or with cheese filling), then breaded and pan-fried or deep-fried.(Veal) cordon bleu is made of veal pounded thin and wrapped around a slice of ham and a slice of cheese, breaded, and then pan fried or baked. Place chicken on parchment paper and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Optional: Try coating chicken breasts in pork rind crumbs or low-carb breadcrumb replacement to make the chicken extra crispy.
Access keto meal plans and articles. Before I made this easy keto chicken cordon bleu, I tried making the classic recipe. A cordon bleu is a dish of meat with cheese filling, breaded and pan-fried. You can have Elisa's Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Elisa's Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu
- It’s 3 of Boneless Chicken breast.
- You need 6 slices of Black Forest Ham.
- You need 2 Oz of Cream Creese, softened.
- Prepare 3 slices of Mozarella Cheese.
- It’s 3 slices of Swiss Cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder and salt, for seasoning the chicken breast.
But I tried to make a baked version. The cheese completely oozed out of the rolled chicken breasts. Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Recipe Instructions. In a large bowl mix together chicken, sour cream, Dijon mustard, heavy cream, and salt and pepper.
Elisa's Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu step by step
- Season the chicken breast with the salt and garlic powder..
- In a pan, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Cook the chicken for about 2-3 per side on medium/high temperature..
- Remove the chicken and set aside..
- In the same pan, add the cream cheese, rest of the butter and heavy cream. On low/medium heat..
- After all the ingredients are well mixed and melted, add the chicken in a single layer..
- Top with the ham, mozzarella and Swiss cheese. And cover. Let it simmer for about 3-4 minutes in medium heat..
- Serve and enjoy..
This decadent keto chicken cordon bleu is as easy to make as it is delicious — with minimal prep time. Rich with cream and spices, this casserole is one you'll want to add to your roster of keto chicken recipes for the whole family. Plus, it's gluten-free, grain-free, and loaded with protein to support your healthy keto lifestyle. Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu is low carb comfort food at its finest. There is just something so comforting and classic about oozy, melty cheese, thinly sliced ham and crispy breaded chicken.