Sous Vide Dry Rub BBQ Chicken. Find Deals on Killer Hogs Bbq Rub in Outdoor Cooking on Amazon. Gently tenderize and then butterfly the chicken breast. Mix brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, thyme, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne thoroughly in a bowl.
Your chicken breast can achieve a level of juiciness you thought only the best pork chops could have, and the way to get there is by cooking it sous vide. Here's our comprehensive guide to using the sous vide method to revolutionize your chicken. Rub the chicken wings with the Cajun spice blend. You can have Sous Vide Dry Rub BBQ Chicken using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sous Vide Dry Rub BBQ Chicken
- It’s 3 TBSP of Light Brown Sugar.
- You need 3 TBSP of Paprika.
- You need 1 TBSP of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Thyme.
- You need 1.5 TSP of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 TSP of Cumin.
- You need 0.75 TSP of Cayenne.
- Prepare 1 LBS of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast.
- You need of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce (For Topping).
Place in a large zipper lock bag with the olive oil. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique and place in the water bath. Set your grill to high, then remove your chicken legs from the sous vide bag and place them on a plate. Once your grill is rippin' hot, place your chicken legs onto the grill, meat side down and skin side up.
Sous Vide Dry Rub BBQ Chicken instructions
- Preheat sous vide to 149 degrees Fahrenheit and set timer for 55 minutes..
- Gently tenderize and then butterfly the chicken breast..
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, thyme, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne thoroughly in a bowl..
- Rub mixture into chicken..
- Place chicken into a heavy bag and seal the bag removing any air. You can use a vacuum sealer but I prefer to use Ziploc freezer bags and the water immersion method..
- Once the water bath is ready, submerge the bags and clip then to the side. Cook for 55 minutes..
- Remove from water bath and bags..
- Heat up a touch of olive oil in a pan on the stove and place the chicken in for two minutes on each side for a crispy exterior..
- Remove from pan, plate and top with a touch of your favorite BBQ sauce. Enjoy!.
This will allow the skin of the chicken to dry while the meat side browns first. Shut the lid on your grill to speed up the drying process. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken breast and place in a pouch. Add the thyme and rosemary to the sous vide pouch and then seal them. Delicious Chicken wings in Honey Chili Soy sauce.