Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas. Add pasta to boiling water and cook to taste. Add bacon or pancetta and a sprinkling of pepper, and fry until golden and crisp. Immediately add frozen peas and stir for a minute or two.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. Cook bacon over medium heat in a large skillet. Remove and drain on paper towels. You can have Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas
- It’s 10 slices of thick cut smoked (or not) bacon.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- Prepare 1 pound of dried mini-shell or other small pasta (I use Orrechiette).
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 Cups of Frozen Peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole milk Greek Yogurt (I use Cabot Yogurt).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of finely chopped Mint leaves.
- You need of Juice of 1 onion.
- Prepare of I large onion, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 6 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese.
To the same skillet, add butter to the bacon grease. When melted, add flour and whisk until smooth. This One Pan Pasta with Bacon and Peas is everything that I envisioned it to be. Easy and creamy with the salty bite from the bacon and a bit of freshness from the peas.
Creamy Pasta With Bacon and Peas step by step
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted to a boil. Meanwhile, cut sliced bacon into 1/2 inch pieces, Add pasta to boiling water and cook to taste..
- While pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add bacon and a sprinkling of pepper, fry for 5 minutes, then add onion until bacon is golden and crisp. Immediately add frozen peas and stir for a minute or two. Mix 1/3 cup of pasta water with yogurt and add it with chopped Mint to skillet.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, and drain the pasta. Add pasta to the skillet and stir. Add lemon juice, and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. The mixture should be a bit thick; if desired, a splash of the pasta water may be added to the sauce to thin it slightly..
- Add Parmesan and stir to mix. If desired, serve with a green salad..
This Creamy Chicken Bacon Pasta with Peas is one of those special finds. The sun has been shining and I've been spending my days at the pool with the kids watching them splash and play together, having a great time while I soak up a little sun. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well. To make the garlic parmesan cream sauce, melt butter in the skillet skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat and use a paper towel to soak up most of the fat.