carla's Thai Rice.
You can cook carla's Thai Rice using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of carla's Thai Rice
- Prepare 2 medium of onions.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of red pepper or green pepper (optional).
- Prepare 5 of pineapple slices.
- It’s 5 tbsp of soya sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of pineapple juice.
- It’s 5 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/3 cup of fish broth.
- It’s 2 cup of basmati or Thai rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemons juice.
- It’s 1 of salt and black pepper.
- You need 5 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/3 cup of green onion.
- You need 1 kg of shrimps.
- Prepare 3/4 kg of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- It’s 4 cup of boiled water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cashewnuts.
carla's Thai Rice step by step
- 1-in a bowl, wash the rice in cold water, then stain.
- 2- in a pan add 3 spoons vegetable oil , heat the oil, then add the rice, fry it for 2 mins then add the 4 boiled cups of water and salt..
- 3- cover the pan and keep on high fire for 3 mins then reduce the fire to the minimum. cook for 12 mins, keep covered all the time, till finish cooking. uncover it after 5 mins ( or simply u can steam the rice).
- 4- in a large pan add 2 tablespoons oil, on high fire..
- 5-add onions chopped and garlic minced, till the become light brown.
- 6- add red pepper cut in small cubes and chicken breasts already cut in cubes , fry till they become lightly brown.
- 7- add the shrimps ( clean and skin removed ).
- 8-when the shrimps and the chicken are cooked , add the soya sauce, the pineapple juice and the lemon and the turmeric ( curcuma),salt and pepper, chicken and fish broth.
- 9- cut the carrots in small cubes, and add to the pan.
- 10- add the rice and mix it with them in the pan.After 3 mins, turn off the fire, add the pineapple slices cut in cubes and the green pepper chopped..
- finally, in another pan fry with the small teaspoon of oil, the cashunuts, once they become brown, turn off and add to the other ingredients..
- you can add extra soya sauce in your plates. BON APPETIT.