Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo).
You can have Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo)
- You need 1/2 kg of black chickpea soaked overnight.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes, 1 cup tamarind soaked in 1/2cup warm water.
- You need 1 of onion sliced,1 tsp cumin seeds, few curry leaves,3 green chillies chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tbsn Kashmiri red chilli pwd, 1 tbsn turmeric and 1 tsp coriander pwd,2 tbsn oil and 1tbsn salt.
- Prepare of Garnish coriander leaves and few lemon slices.
- It’s of Pls check the ROASTED MASALA I mentioned.
- Prepare of Below (its optional but give immense flavour).
Black chickpea with potatoes(kaale chana aloo) instructions
- Boil the black chickpea with whole potato(not peeled) with salt..when done drain the water,now remove the pulp of tamarind n strain its juice,now heat oil in a pan add the onion, cumin seeds, curry leaves and chillies…mix well.
- Now add the dry masala n mix well n saute 2 mins now add the tamarind pulp n mix well n saute till oil floats up..
- When oil floats up…now add salt mix then add the chickpeas and diced potatoes n now add 1 tsp of roasted masala.
- Roasted masala pic1(dry roast 7 Kashmiri red chilli,2 tbsn coriander seeds with 1 tbsn cumin seeds…when cool n grind..store in airtight container can be used for many Indian dishes)now add the coriander leaves mix well.now serve hot garnish with coriander leaves, lemon slice and a pinch of roasted masala…enjoy😋pls do try.