[Vegan] French Toast. Use Your Favorite Bread & McCormick® Spices For A Delicious French Toast Meal. I loved it with chewy ciabatta bread, but this vegan French toast would also be gluten-free if you sub in gluten-free bread. If you loved this vegan french toast recipe, try our vegan cinnamon rolls next!
That's what gives you the soft, melting, custardy centre. My Vegan French Toast uses tofu instead of eggs and as the French Toast cooks in the pan, the custard starts to set a little and you end up with the same texture as you would if using eggs. Useful tips for Vegan French Toast. You can have [Vegan] French Toast using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of [Vegan] French Toast
- You need 2 tablespoon of Chickpea flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of mixed spice (or pumpkin pie spice mix).
- You need 1/2 cup of rice milk (or dairy-free milk of choice).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegan butter or mild-flavoured oil.
- It’s 4 of thick slices of soft bread (white or wholegrain / gluten-free, if neeed).
Make one of our hummus recipes so your chickpeas don't go to waste. We used our chickpeas and refrigerated our aquafaba until we were ready to use it. A high-powered blender, like a Vitamix, helps you get the correct "egg-white" texture. Since going dairy-free, I haven't made french toast as often as I used to, but I do miss it.
[Vegan] French Toast instructions
- Whisk the chickpea flour, spices, milk, vanilla and salt together in a shallow container..
- Gently heat the butter or oil in a skillet..
- Dip a slice of the bread into the mixture and coat well on each side. Place in the skillet and fry on medium heat for a minute on each side until golden brown..
- Repeat with the other slices..
- Serve with fruit, maple syrup, berries, yoghurt… and enjoy :-).
Our favorite recipe is basic with a little cinnamon and vanilla, then topped with fresh strawberries and maple syrup or honey. I'm not entirely egg-free (though am growing more suspicious of them by the moment), but I wanted to make a vegan french toast recipe A) to see if it was in fact possible to. You won't miss the eggs with this easy and delicious vegan French toast. It's crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and makes the perfect breakfast. When I first heard about vegan french toast, I really had no clue how you could make this happen.