Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and cumin and set aside. In large skillet, saute onion, garlic and jalapeno in olive until tender. Add broth, lime juice and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Stir in rice mix, seasoning packet and uncooked white rice. Bold flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine combined in this classic chicken and rice casserole make for an easy choice for weeknight dinner! Transfer the rice mixture to a large bowl. You can have Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice
- You need 3 of leg quaters.
- You need 2 cups of white rice.
- You need 1 jar of salsa.
- You need 1 of small container sour cream.
- You need 1 of small container cream cheese.
- It’s 1 box of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Stir in chicken, tomatoes, chile peppers, basil, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper. This cheesy, one pot Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Skillet with corn, bell pepper, and black beans is a true family pleaser. Serve it in bowls with lots of great garnishments like avocado, chopped tomato, sour cream, and salsa and the next day you can wrap the leftovers in tortillas for lunch. Transfer the mixture to a very large mixing bowl; stir in chicken or turkey, tomato, chili peppers, basil, chili powder, cumin, and pepper.
Creamy tex~mex chicken n rice instructions
- Cook your chicken (you can boil it and get the broth that way or bake it in the oven).
- Shred the chicken up and cook your rice in the broth with salt and pepper.
- Once rice is cooked and chicken is shredded combine in pot and add the salsa, sour cream and cream cheese heat and mix till it looks creamy. Then eat and enjoy.
Try this tasty Tex-Mex casserole on your family, it's sure to be requested again and again. Green chile peppers and chili powder give this savory chicken main dish a classic Tex-Mex bite. This Low Fat Tex-Mex Chicken and Rice Casserole is one of those great recipes that you could eat every week. Super easy to make and bursting with Tex Mex flavors. Topped with a layer of cheese.