Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake. Stir in the grits and whisk until completely. I can't resist this breakfast casserole. It brings all of my favorites into one dish: creamy grits, tangy cheese, rich eggs and flavorful sausage.
Cook grits according to the package directions. Add butter and cheese to the hot, cooked grits and stir until melted. Bring water and chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan; stir in salt and grits then return to a boil. You can have Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake
- You need 1 lb of raw bacon, cut across the length into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 6 of eggs beaten in a cup.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Grits:.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of quick grits.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s Dash of salt.
- You need Dash of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 of beaten egg.
Easy Cheese Grits Casserole recipe is the perfect comfort side dish for breakfast, brunch, or even a weeknight dinner. Cheesy baked grits can also be made ahead as overnight grits casserole for easy entertaining!. Cheesy grits casserole takes the ultimate comfort food, creamy grits, mixes it with a dose of butter, cream, and lots of freshly shredded cheddar cheese. Stir in water and salt, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
Cheese Grits Breakfast Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. In a cold iron skillet set on medium heat, render your bacon til crispy. Drain off most of the drippings. Spread the bacon bits in a single layer in bottom of skillet off the heat..
- Salt and pepper the beaten eggs, set aside..
- In a pan, bring 2 cups water and salt to a boil. Pour 1/2 cup of grits into boiling water, stirring. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Take off the heat..
- Add cheese and garlic powder to grits and stir. Temper the last egg in a cup with some hot grits then pour into pot and stir..
- Assemble the skillet by pouring the 6 beaten eggs over the bacon, then pour the grits over the eggs. Slide it into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the grits are set. Let it sit for a minute before you cut it..
Whisk in grits, and stir in ham; return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, whisking occasionally. Add the cubed cheddar cheese and milk and stir. Gradually stir in the eggs and butter, stirring until all are combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.